Friday, March 22, 2013

Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals Challenge= It's About Time

 Hi, Crafty Peeps,

I created this project for the Tim Holtz Blog Challenge - Tattered Florals.
 The Tattered Florals were cut from Crinoline and sponged with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Originally, I planed to moisten the crinoline and crinkle my flowers, but I was so pleased with how they opened up after I balled them up dry, that I decided to leave them alone.

I had some strips of kraft paper left over after cutting my card size, and to remain true to my pledge to use up my "leftovers", I decided I would use one piece for a belly band.  I used my scor-bug to pierce it and punched the holes through with my Tonic Pick.  I used Sew Easy floss for the stitching.   The Clock face beneath the flower was cut from my 6x6 pad.  After all the embellishments were on, I had this negative space in the upper left hand corner .  I tried a lot of things but was not happy.  Finally, I decided that what this composition needed was a piece that was complimentary to the belly band.  So I stitched a shorter piece, attached a Bo Bunny Time Piece Brad and secured it to the card with Scor Tape and Foam Squares.

The interior was photographed on it's side, intentionally.

Supplies used for this project:
Dies:
TH Alterations Tattered Florals
TH Alterations Weathered Clock 
Design Papers:
Theresa Collins Now and Then
Card Stock:
Reflections Kraft 
Neenah Classic Crest Natural White
Crinoline
Purchased from Joann
Brads:
Clock - Bo Bunny Timepiece Brads
Round _ Bo Bunny Timepiece Brads
Embossing Folder:
Couture Creations - Timepiece
Stamp: Inside bottom right
Weathered Clock - TH Visual Artistry Collection - Life Possibilities
Distress Ink:  
Ranger Tea Dye
This project will be entered into the following challenges:
Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals
CCEE Stampers - Color Challenge
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes Show Us What You Got
Whimsey Stamps Challenge - Stitch It - Real or Faux


3 comments:

  1. After we get this move behind us I am going to start asking questions about doing the flowers you make! Love you Bud! ~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patti!
    I will send a PM to ask all my nosy questions about the move!

    Your Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my what a cool card, Chana! Love the design, the belly band, the clock face, the papers, and embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana