Become A Follower

Saturday, June 1, 2013

CASE STUDY CHALLENGE #143 - CSC 143

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

Two years ago, I promised myself that I would never enter another Case Study Challenge because the winners always seemed to be people who were in an echelon of designing that was way above my   skill level, because I suck at CAS design and most of their challenges are pretty much CAS and I saw no point in entering a challenge I could never ever hope to even make the top three. But since that time, I have grown up (as a designer).  I have gotten a little better at CAS (not much) and I no longer compare my projects to those of other designers nor do I care about winning challenges or making the top three.  I do what I do and I like what I do.  If I don't like what I do....I throw it away!  (LOL)

But I am trying to improve my Clean and Simple (HA!) design, so I figured CASE Study would be a good place to start.  Anyway here is my CAS Father's Day Card.  This is a great challenge for anyone who struggles with CAS design.  The current challenge ends on Tuesday.  The next challenge will start on Thursday.  They are also looking for GDT (You have to be really GOOD) so if you are one of those stellar designers, you should check them out!  And if you are not one of those designers, you should still check them out.  The DT there is VERY talented and you will find wonderful inspiration...I promise!

It just seems like too much nothing to me.  Basically, I  painted a piece of muslin with Tim Holtz Distress Stains and then cut out the banner using the Tim Holtz' Tattered  Banners (the banner is glued to a piece of cross stitch fabric).  I then used my newest Itty Bitty Unity Stamp from this week's Stamp Of The Week Club to stamp the sentiments and added some gold brads and pearls.

Here is the CASE Card

I decided to pick up the color of her feathers and use those as the colors for my banner.  I added a little dark brown to mimic her Kraft colored base.   I kept my sentiments on the banner, but the banner itself is a light feathery fabric.  I was told that in a CASE project you should change at least three things and still retain the "essence" of the project.  I hope I was successful.  

I am sure my son will like it.  I couldn't give this to my husband because his first question would be "Why didn't you finish the card?  Where is all that other stuff you always put on your cards?"  

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana

Entering In the following Challenges:
Case Study Challenge #143
Craft Lovin Challenge Blog - Father's Day
Pumpkin Spice -Father  (anything that makes you think of Father/Dad/Grandpa.. etc.)
Sugar Creek Hollow - Father's Day
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Father's Day (Must Stamp)
The Hobby House Challenge - Anything Goes
My Sheri CRAFTS - Father's Day
Paper Creator's Crafts - Anything goes

16 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation and thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about entering CAS cards in to challenges...
    I love your card. I also love what your husband would say about the card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chana

    I love both your cards! I know how you feel because last week I made a CAS card too and my hubby asked me the same question! Lol !

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Lovin Challenge blog!

    Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of this card... it really puts the focus on the colorful ribbon on the bottom


    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on your CAS card! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card! Like the distressing and colors. The stamped, inked banner on fabric is sooo cool. Like you did, I used to compare and judge myself harshly and not enter challenges. Then I got brave and did and was selected a DT fav twice ... in one month! :) Since I don't have a blog, I don't have the blinkies but "I" know it. Hee! And now, like you I make, I like, I don't, I re-purpose or throw it away--and sometimes I even post it in my SC gallery ... just because. Heehee! And can you believe I sometimes get more comments on those than the cards I upload that I actually like? Go figure! They say, to each his own. I see from your collection of blinkies that you have often won challenges. Good for you for going it for it then ... and now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great CAS male cards! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the challenge. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice cards! Clean and Simple yet very attractive and I really like them! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge and hope to see you again next week! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspiring card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Father's Day card! Love the burst of color on the banner! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Father's Day card - that colourful banner is brilliant.

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great CAS card! I love that you're a fellow fan of Unity stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fun card that I'm sure will be well received.
    Thank you for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.
    Hugz
    Moz DT SCH

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cas card thank you for joining us at craft lovin challenge this week

    Hugs
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments, they keep me motivated!
Hugz, Chana