Saturday, February 1, 2014

Thanks Beery Much - Inky Inspirations

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Well, we certainly had a few exciting days here in Altanta!  Lots of snow and ice!  Today it was like Spring outside.  We have a saying, "if you don't like the weather in Atlanta....wait a minute!"  Hope the weather is better wherever you live!   This post is for the Inky Impressions Inspiration Blog. 

Inky impressions Stamps has some of the most adorable images and quite a few great sentiments! Stop by the store and check them out!  I really love the Lili images.
I am using  "Lili With Berries"  and the "Thanks Berry Much" Sentiment

I really like the idea of making the sentiment the star of the show sometimes!  I am on a mission to use all my scraps, and I wanted to use this really cool piece of chevron card stock.    

Using solid coordinated card stock, and leaving my sentiment white,  I created a deconstructed bow tie.  This simple focal draws the eye away from the bold chevron design and identifies the sentiment as the point of interest.

I placed the image on the inside and pretty much left everything plain.  I love this image!  I was drinking a blueberry smoothie while coloring her, so naturally her basket ended up full of blueberries.

One of the other things I want to focus on this year is making cards that I can actually mail or that I can mail without paying an arm and a leg for postage.


 This designer paper is very bold.  Normally, it would compete with your image unless you covered it with another matting layer or layered images and lots of embellishments, which I did not want to do.
 Paper is a powerful design element.  I wanted to work with this paper's design rather than have it work against me.
Images don't always have to be on the outside of your project.  Trying using them on the inside.  I think the person who receives this card will be pleasantly surprised by the cute little image on the inside.


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the choice and pp and your coloring is awesome tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chevron is perfect on your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and nice designing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana