Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Shopping Our Stash #203 - Play Misty For Me

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
Welcome to another fun challenge at Shopping Our Stash!  Leslie and the ladies always come up with such wonderful theme and I just love "PLAY MISTY FOR ME!"   Here is your opportunity to get messy and use some of your old spray inks on some old papers and embellishments.

My oldest grandson is starting his first journal. 
This fall, he is transferring to a new school which requires all students to keep journals, so we thought we would use this summer to help him form the habit of recording his daily thoughts.  
Joshua just got his first big, fancy bike, so I wanted to make it a focal on the front of his new journal.
I tried to find ephemera that represented all the things that he loves.  I am saving soccer, basketball, computers, and robots for his next journal.
 It is hard to see in the photo, but the journal has a metallic sheen.  Joshua, loves it!

How It Was Done:
Materials:
Canvas Journal
Prima Finnabair Stamp (Brick Wall)
Prima Papers (Almanac, Printery, Life Time)
Ranger Tissue Paper (Postale, Melange)
Ephemera
Dylusion Inks Sprays (Cut Grass, Cherry Pie)
Tattered Angels Mists (Grass, Cozy Yellow, Tropical Pink, Un-Birthday)
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain (Mermaid Lagoon, Abandoned Coral)
Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Viva Inka Gold (Oldsilver)
Homemade Sprays (Picket Fence (PF Paint mixed with water), Chana's Gold
Misc.:  Gesso, Mod Podge, Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

EASY TUT
  1. Basically, you cover your journal with Gesso. (I used a navy blue journal because I wanted that color to show through.)
  2. Arrange your collage pieces and add any stamped or stenciled images.   I distressed the edges of some of my pieces with Vintage Photo DI.
  3. Apply a coat of Mod Podge over the collage. The goal is to make edges disappear.
  4. GO CRAZY with mists and sprays to achieve your desired color profile.  Add another layer of ephemera (I added the sentiments, bicycle, Joshua, 2015) seal with mod podge or Aleene's Matte Sealer.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
 Step 4

Have Fun!   
Stop by SHOPPING OUR STASH to see the fabulous creations of my teammates.
Hugz,
Chana




5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the look and no kidding your grandson loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful! Images used are nice and I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal for your grandson. Love all the rich texture and colour. Having it so beautifully personalized should inspire him to use it.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he has to keep a journal. Like: writing. Almost a lost art. And now he has a special book, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning, Chana, such a special keepsake for him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana