Monday, September 28, 2015

Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge - Anything Goes

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
This week is my final project for my GDT stint at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge.
The challenge theme this week is Anything Goes, and for my project, I chose to create this fun greeting card box!

Giving cards as gifts is one of the fun benefits of being a paper crafter and finding pretty and interesting ways to present those cards is one of my favorite pursuits.   I have found that Graphic 45 papers are probably the best selection for boxes and other 3D projects. 

Slide Out Greeting Card Gift Box 
I was digging around in my ribbon collection when I came across this fabulous ribbon that I found in the sales bin at Michaels fifteen year ago.  It always looked very Christmasy to me, and since I don't celebrate Christmas, I was at a loss as to how I would use it.  Works perfectly here! 
The thumb slot plus the ribbon pull make it super easy to open the the box.  Normally the interior paper would show in the front view.  I didn't realize the mistake until I was in PS and did not want to ask hubby to take another picture!
The cards in this set are all made from the Couture Cut Aparts.  I lined the inside with cream paper to match the envelope.  I am keeping this set so I did not use a sentiment.  I have the matching Couture Stamps and will add the sentiments as I use the cards.
More pretty papers on the holder!  I also used this paper on one of the cards!  None of my peacock feathers were small enough to fit the outside, so I used a FabScraps peacock and a black crystal.  

MORE PICS!
 Kept the envelopes simple.  Totally forgot I have an envelope punch board.  I created all my envelopes the old fashion way.   Will not do that again!


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you will give this project a try!
Hugz,
Chana



3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you kicked this project right off the earth, Chana! I totally am in love with everything you did. Such creativity! Thank you so much for spending a month with us; we so appreciate your work and time spent with us. Wishing you the best health now, and hoping you return again to our doorstep with more beauties in the future! Hugz, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous card set. This will be a treasure for the recipient as well as anyone who receives one of your beautiful cards from her.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I love your boxed note cards, and this set is so chic and elegant! Love the beautiful box you created! Nicely done, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana