Monday, March 21, 2016

DecoArt - A Place To Start - Challenge #10 - A Stationery Ensemble

Hello, Crafty Peeps!

This week, over at A PLACE TO START, I am featuring Stationery Ensembles.  A Place To Start is an information blog that I started, most to help new crafters.  Sometimes I will post new projects and tutorials, and other times, I post archival projects.  In both cases, the idea is to help crafters explore projects that take them outside Cards and Scrap Pages.

This project, allows me to kill three birds with one stone.  

  1. Create a different kind of project for the Deco Art Blogger Outreach Program and to create Stationery which is my first love.  I got into crafting because I enjoyed creating social stationery for family and friends.  Wedding Cabs, Church Bulletins, Graduation Invitations, etc., were all grist for my crafting mill.  
  2. Create A Step Out Tutorial for A Place To Start
  3. Repurpose a Corrugated Cardboard Box, a Salad Dressing Bottle, and an Aluminum Cashew Nut Canister (Recycling, reusing and recovering paper products is another of my passions.  Save the environment)

THE PORTIA ENSEMBLE
My goal with the top of this box was to create a faux marble effect.  I used tissue paper to create the texture that I wanted.  I layered paint and varnish until I achieved the desired result.  IRL it looks more like marble.  This box started life as packaging for a TH Distress Ink™ Bundle (Amazon)


ALL BOTTLED UP!
The Graphic 45 Gilded Lilly Collection was perfect for this upcycled salad dressing bottle turned vase.  I embossed the belly band using one of the new WRMK Next Level Embossing Folders.
NUTS ABOUT YORK PEPPERMINT PATTIES
These cans are so easy to alter and can be used to store a variety of items.
Portia loves York Peppermint Patties so I just had to put a few in this tin.  
She can store whatever she likes in here when the candy is gone!


HUGZ!
CHANA




1 comment:

  1. This is amazing & so perfectly coordinated! The colors & textures are super!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana