Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Shopping Our Stash - The 4 Elements - Earth, Wind, Fire, Water

Hello, Crafty Folks!
IT'S STASH REDUCTION TIME
WELCOME,  New SOS Design Team members!

The Shopping Our Stash Team has a wonderful talent for coming up with offbeat challenge themes.   I usually get stuck trying to come up with a suitable project and this week was no exception.  I finally chose WIND and EARTH as my ELEMENTS.  This was a fun project and I had a chance to use the Emboss/Resist Technique.

You only need to choose ONE element but feel free to incorporate as many as you can/want in one project.   Please let us know your element choice.

Wind and Earth Elements Tag
Using the Emboss/Resist Technique.
 The element WIND is represented by the Butterflies.  Some are hiding in the forest!
I love to watch these elegant, beautiful insects as they float gracefully on air and then land gently on a limb, rose, or on your finger, if you are lucky!
The Green Ink is more of my Earth Element.
Stash Items:  Graphic 45 Product Backing Card.  An Irregular piece of cheese cloth leftover from another project was colored with chalk ink and used as ribbon.  
The back of the tag was colored with ColorBox® Pigment Ink - Ocean - from the Taos Paintbox®.  The edges were inked with ColorBox® Fluid Chalk Ink - Pumpkin Spice.  

What Was Done
This is a stash item!  Whenever I purchase carded items, I save the cards to use as tags.  The card is glossy so I covered it with a layer of gesso. 
I embossed the card  using the WRMK® Next Level™ Embossing Folder

COLORING THE TAG
  • Use the ColorBox®  Color Blender™ to apply your  Paintbox® inks.  For this project, I used colors from ColorBox® Chalk Paintbox®  Mercantile™(Alabaster, Red Barn, Guacamole, Sea Crystal) and Pigment Paintbox® Taos (Amber and Chianti)
  • Add ColorBox® Fluid Chalk Ink - Pumpkin Spice.  (I blended colors until I achieved a "forest" background.)
  • Heat Set the inks.  
  • Place ColorBox® Top Boss™ Clear  Embossing Pad directly on the tag and skim across the top.  Do not apply too much pressure.
  • Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the tag, shake off excess powder and then use your heat gun to melt EP.
  • Spritz card with complementary colors and blot away excess. 
  • Sand around the edges of the tag to remove some of the melted embossing powder.  Ink the edges.
  • Use SMOOCH® to paint my die cut sentiment. 
  • To add more color to the embossed images, paint the inside wings with Liquid Pearls®.  Also use Liquid Pearls® to trim the butterfly wings.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you decide to try the emboss resist technique, share your project results with me at A Place To Start in our Neverending Challenge!

HUGZ,
CHANA MALKAH
PRODUCTS - ClearSnap



OTHER PRODUCTS
We Are Memory Keepers® Next Level™ Embossing  Folder - Butterflies
Sizzix® Alphabet Dies - Mac and Cheese™
Liquid Pearls®
Pro Art® Premium Gesso

Disclosure Statment:
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2009, FTC GUIDELINES REQUIRE BLOGGERS TO DISCLOSE ANY TIME THEY ARE COMPENSATED FOR ENDORSING OR REVIEWING PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
The Project demonstrated above contains components I received for free in return for my services and for posts on my blog. I affirm that I have not made, nor would I ever make or endorse, misleading statements regarding any product or service used in the operation of this blog.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE USED ON MY BLOG, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT CMALKAH@YAHOO.COM.



4 comments:

  1. Very nice as always and thanks for sharing the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous and soooooo very artistic! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is beautiful, Chana!! Love the colors and those butterflies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty tag! How fabulous that you used packaging to create it!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana