Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Book Of Spells

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
2017 is my year of creative exploration!  So far, I have found two new loves: Gelli Printing and Bookbinding.  A few years ago, I created a small book using Graphic 45's® A Ladies' Diary Collection and wanted to explore bookbinding in more depth.   This is my first effort and I was pretty pleased with the outcome.  I have started a new book and, hopefully,  my techniques have improved 

A STEAMPUNK JOURNAL
I used the Graphic 45® Collections: 
Steampunk Debutant and Steampunk Spells.
The book is composed of 14 signatures and 4 Dividers.  There are two signatures before and after each divider and one signature inside each divider.  
I use these beads sparingly but thought they were perfect for this book.  I wanted to cover the strings from the binding in a fun way.
I added extra stitches across the bottom to draw my strings together because I did not want to put beads on the bottom.
The front and back inside flaps are convenient for tags and other miscellaneous materials.  
I plan to embellish the pages in my journal as I use them!

DIVIDERS
Here are some shots of my dividers and how I used the G45® papers to decorate them.





Tutorials:
Buttonhole Stitch: Sea Lemon
Hardcover: Alexandra M.

Thanks for stopping by! 
HUGZ,
CHANA MALKAH


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana