Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Blast From The Past - 7 Gypsies American Vintage Collection

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
My quest to use papers from my stash goes on!   A couple of years back, 7 Gypsies® came out with their American Vintage Collection™. The Company sent sample packages to Crew members and I have used the papers sparingly,  mostly to enhance other "Postale" projects. 
Recently, I saw a project that would allow me to use practically the entire collection in one small design.  
This project is based on a design by Alexandra M.  Credit where credit is due!  The link to her tutorial is at the end of this post!
On The Road Again - Mini Stamp Album
I used papers from the 7 Gypsies® Postale Collection to cover the exterior of my project!  The exterior of the mini stamp album and the interior of the box are covered with "map" paper.
The exterior of the mini stamp album and the interior of the box are covered with "map" paper from the Collection. The "Ring Pull" on the front makes it easier to remove the album from its box!  I added a simple brad to make the hardware more interesting. 
I had fun creating different stamp layouts for each page.
The "Stamps Page" in the American Vintage Collection has a nice selection of stamps so each page can be unique.  I followed the tutorial and created 7 pages but you can create fewer if you desire.
I created pockets on some of my backing pages to hold additional ephemera.  I used gold paper clips to add interest.  I used Ephemera from the 7 Gypsies® Mini Ephemera, GYPSY Ephemera.
One of my many new "crafting loves" is using hardware embellishments on my constructed/engineered projects.  I am always amazed at how these simple additions can elevate design.  I was ecstatic to find the little snap closers for the front of my box. The handle on the top is by Prima® "Frank Garcia™Memory Hardware Collection.
I was also fortunate to find these really inexpensive small hinges.  I had larger ones that really detracted from the project aesthetics. Hardware gives the project a clean, professional look, IMHO.


Here is a link to the Tutorial by Alexandra M!
The tutorial is for creating the Mini Album!


Challenges:
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Travel related projects

Hugz,
Chana


4 comments:

  1. WOW Chana this is AMAZING and FABULOUS! What a wonderful project! Please remember to link back to our challenge blog when playing along! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Travel’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE this project! So very creative. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana