Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Shopping Our Stash - Use Your Oldest Metal

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

This week at Shopping Our Stash, we would like for you to create projects using your oldest metal.  If you are anything like me, and most of you are, you have several hundred, if not several thousand brads.  And, of course, there are those wonderful eyelets, and photo corners.  I have metal pen tips and footers and drawer pulls (almost all of my Tim Holtz embellies are metal) and metal label holders.

Here is my project using my metal photo corners.  They are the oldest only by virtue of being lost for two years.  I found them while scrounging around for old metal embellishments!  We would love to know what you were able to dig up!

All materials used on this card are at least one year old.  Most are two or more years old.
I love Pocket Cards.  I wanted to create an illusion with this one, so I mounted a light pole on the outside.  
I wanted to chain the bike to the lamp pole, but I did not have a chain small enough'


























This is a large tag, that doubles as a photo mat or journal card


I am so happy that I was invited to this team.  I can see that it will help me reduce my stash.  I may even get it to a manageable level.   Looking forward to seeing your creations.  Thanks for stopping by!

Please visit the other SOS designers and see how they used their "metal".


Hugz,
Chana, Owner
Challenges Entered:
Lady Anne's Challenge - Pocket
Mema's Crafts Monday Challenge - Anything Goes/or Back to School or Best Vacation
Try it on Tuesday - Let's Create A Scene











20 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when you re-discover old stash? Awesome pocket card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS cards... not to mention a BRILLIANT use of that fabulous "old-skool" hardware!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic projects, Chana! I love the design and the products you used! Very creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful - you always make such beautiful cards - love your style tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you creating again!! These are great images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is such a stunning little scene you have crafted here and the design is such a wonderful idea to gift a photo.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I love how you used your old metal and created an absolutely fabulous scene. Both projects are wonderful but I am loving the scene with the bike. We at Mema's Crafts love it when old friends stop by for a visit. Hope to see you again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! That bike is too cute! Love the images and a pocket card! That's so cool! Love this!!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool! what a great scene - with street lamp, bicycle and shop window...+ the pocket surprise. And those metal corners are a lovely touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creations Chana! I have a whole clear sterlite box of metal. Too ashamed to tell you how old it is. I might join in this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Chana! These are exquisite! Love the distressed/aged look to them. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hand is raised - I have thousands of those metal brads, corners & eyelets in my stash too:) Your pocket card along with all the coordinating creations look wonderful! That little bicycle is so cute parked in front of the old-fashioned store front! Great use of that stash!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the clever and creative card you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful. Love that green bicycle! Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT in our "Make a scene" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! And I had to laugh when I read that they were lost for a long time...oh, how I know how that goes :) We are so glad to have you with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fabulous cards. Wonderful little scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely card Chana, and yes, you do need space for all craft stash. Thanks for joining us at Lady Annes this month. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chana, this is a wonderful pocket card design! These images of shop windows have such a lovely vintage feel, and the bicycle is such a great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fabulous little scenes, love the shop images.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab, fab, fab!!! LOVE these cards!

    Thank you for sharing them with us at TIOT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana