Become A Follower

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Shopping Our Stash - Happy Holidays - Retro Snowman

 Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Finally finished creating Christmas Cards for my favorite 
Sister-In-Law.  This perfect timing for our final challenge of the year at Shopping Our Stash!
I don't know why I like this little snowman so much.  Maybe, just maybe, it is because he looks so retro.  


Stuff I Used

Monday, December 2, 2019

A Place To Start Challenge- Happy Holidays: Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza,etc.

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
I had every intention of including a tutorial for this K-Cup Holder/Tote.  Lisa Rojas, over at Bella Crafts, live-streamed a similar project last Wednesday but that required purchasing an SVG file.  I wanted to make a few modifications, I am really trying to stick to my craft diet, and I really enjoy building my projects from scratch, so I tweaked it a little for my needs.  I plan to make another one with a slight modification so I will have to include the tutorial with that project!  Chanukah is an eight-day celebration, so I have seven more projects to complete.  I should be able to work a tutorial in there somewhere! 
I planned to use a Chanukiah as my focal, but this large Gelt combined with the banner has more visual appeal.
I wanted a more finished look for the handles, so used silver die-cuts for the exterior and white card for the interior.
I asked "The Hubster" to save all of his empty spice jars.
These two were the "Spice Island®" brand which has a beige and brown top.  I covered the caps with Gesso and then applied two coats of Inka~Gold™Silver wax and then buffed to a shine.
The jar on the left holds Chanukah Candles.  The Jar on the right holds Chanukah Gelt.  I may add labels to the bottles.
I just love My 3D Dreidel!
(Wrap it up/Tie it Up, and Share with Artsy Stamper)
DARE TO 2B ARTZY  - Holiday Fun

Stuff I Used:
American Crafts Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pad Marine
Delicate Stitched Satin Christmas Colors Assortment RESTOCKED!
Design Bundles™
Happy Hanukkah Digital Scrapbooking Collection example image 1

Friday, November 29, 2019

Quick Holiday Gifts for Teachers or Students

Hello, Crafty Peeps,
Here is an idea for quick gifts that take almost no time to create!  I find they make wonderful gifts and are fabulous stash reducers!  I am including a detailed step tutorial but there are several hundred videos on YouTube if that is your preference!
 Note Pad/Post It Note Holder

Supplies Needed:
1 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of cardstock (at least 110lb)
1 6"x6" Designer Pad or paper scraps cut to 
3-1/2"x3-1/2" and 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" 
3"x3" Sticky pad
Tiny Calendar Sheets 
Small Ink/Gel Pen
Small Detail Paint Brush
Wet Glue (I use PH Neutral PVA)
(same consistency as Tombow Mono Glue)
Corner Rounder (Optional)
Paper Trimmer
Bone Folder

Cut cardstock to the following sizes:
  • 1 pc  -3-3/4" x 11"
  • 1 pc  -4-3/4" x 7-1/4"
  • 1 pc - 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Cut DSP to the following sizes:
  • 3-1/2" x 3-1/2"
  • 2-1/2" x 3-1/2"
The papers I use have been retired.  I am listing them in case you have them in your stash.
Card:  Bazzill Basics - Sea Glass
DSP:  American Crafts-Amy Tangerine " Sketchbook."

Mini Calendar:
If you decide to place the calendar on the front of your noteholder.
  • cut out your calendar pages and attach them to a piece of chipboard.  I covered my chipboard with a piece of my DSP.
  • Use clamps or alligator clips to secure your calendar pages.
  • Use a detail brush to apply glue to the calendar assembly.  Apply 2 or 3 coats.  Set aside to dry while you construct your holder.
  • Score the 3-3/4" x 11" card on the 11" side @ 4", 8", 9", 10"
  • Score the 4-3/4" x 7-1/4" card on the 4-3/4" side @ 1/4" then turn and score the other side at 1/4".  Turn to the long side and score @ 4" and 4-1/2"
  • Score the small 2-1/2" square piece at every half inch 1/2",1",1-1/2", 2"

  • Burnish the scorelines on the small piece (this is your pen holder).Apply glue to one end and join the two ends together to form a square tube.  Set aside.

  • Burnish the score lines on the 11" piece.  Make a valley fold on the three 1" scorelines.  This will form the standing base for your holder.  Apply glue to the edge of the valley fold and join with the flap.  Set aside.

This is my circus and these are my monkeys

  • Burnish the scorelines on the final card.  On each side, cut on the vertical score lines up to the horizontal scoreline.  Cut a small, angular slither to form your tabs.

  • Round the corners at the top of your holder (this is the long section.) Glue the large piece of DSP to the back of your holder.  The paper is smaller than the back, so make sure it is centered.  Add the smaller DSP to the front of the holder.

  • Fold your tabs in and apply glue.  Adhere them to the inside of the side pieces as shown below.

  • Next, apply glue to three sides of the pen holder.  Make sure the side without glue faces toward the sticky notes space as shown.

  • Now, apply glue to the bottom sides and adhere to form your pad holder. Apply double-sided tape and glue to the back of your holder and attach it to the standing base.

If you are adding the calendar, apply glue and d/s tape to the back of the calendar and then adhere to the base.


Jot Sticky Notes- Neon
These are $1.00/ea @ Dollar Tree.  I buy in bulk (36 units/case.) If you divide them in half you can create 72 projects.  Each pad has 125 pages.
View Jot Neon Icon Sticky Notes,
By Jeanette Cobb