Become A Follower

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Outlawz Greetings Challenge - My Sentiments Exacty

Hello, Crafty Peoples!
This week, The Outlawz Greetings Challenge is: 
My Sentiments Exactly - Use Your Favorite Sentiment on your project!

This was my first attempt at using the Faux Silk Technique.  I actually covered up more of the purple paper than I intended.  I stamped my image on the tissue paper using Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder!  I do like the look of the faux raw silk and must try it on white tissue paper and leave more of it exposed!

I love purple and gold together, so I was very excited to find that I had all the components I need to complete my card.  The image was colored last year and has been in my image stash.  I used one of my new b'day dies to frame here, but the embossed detail is not showing up so well.
I was just delighted when I found this perfect card stock in my paper closet

I used the same stamp that is on my tissue paper for the inside.  I was going to color it, but changed my mind, thus, the color difference between the ribbon and my image.

THE BACK STORY
Image: By Rick St. Dennis
Stamp: Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary
Card Stock:  American Crafts
Purple Panel: DIY Faux Silk using Tissue Paper
Dies: Fiskars Postage Stamp (squeeze punch)
Spellbinders' Filigree Delight
Misc: Versamark, Gold Embossing Powder, Adhesive Pearls, Copics,  Dye Ink

Challenges Entered:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes / Pearls or Buttons( Pearls in flower centers)
Creative Creations Challenge - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Love To Scrap -  Anything Goes
Make It Mondays - Always Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes
Digi Sketch Challenge - Sketch


9 comments:

  1. What a bright & cheerful card Chana. I need to check out the faux silk technique. Sounds intriguing!
    TFS - Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful - love the sentiment tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Chana, what a great, vibrant card and I love the verse. Lovey layout too.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.

    Rachael :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog very colourful,great card love the sentiment thankyou for joining in with us at digi sketch and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and different color combination! You've made such a beautiful card, which I spotted on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chana a bright and cheerful card love the colours you have chosen.
    Thankyou for joining our challenge at crafting from the heart.
    Hugs
    Fiona dt/co-owner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very elegant and I love the colourcombination. Thank you for sharing this on Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your project is awesome with so many great details! Thanks for sharing your talent with us in the Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog's Anything Goes challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, i love that you decorated the inside too - i do this sometimes, i think it must be a nice suprise when the recipient opens the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments, they keep me motivated!
Hugz, Chana