Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Craft Along With Me #2 - Using Embossing Folders as Letterpress

 Hello, Crafty Makers!


This post was intended for the What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday Challenge. I think it is a bit too late in the day to post an entry, so I will try again next week.  I have not participated in the challenge for a while and am eager to join again.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Letterpress without a 3D Embossing Folder
My goal was to suggest a path that leads into the sunlight.  I was inspired to try this technique by a video at Lisa Horton's Crafts.

I don't own 3D embossing folders (Unless my WRMK Next Level Folders count as 3D) and I don't plan to purchase any. So I decided to try this letterpress technique using my regular Daric EF. I have an old-school letterpress system that can get messy and expensive. This is a great alternative.
It may be difficult to see in these photos, but this technique makes stamping images and text onto your embossing folder possible.  This creates depth and makes your embossed image stand out even more.  The stamping and inking are done on the "debossed" side of the embossing folder.

I think my text and butterfly are sort of visible in this photo.  They are easy to see on the actual card.  One of my ring lights stopped working so my colors are slightly off.


I reduced the lighting to show the flatback crystals grouped around the daisies. They are my favorite element in this composition.
I added a light layer of glitter glue to the image.  The depth of the impressions from these EFs is amazing.  My husband said the flowers looked like they were leaning off the page.  That is a result of the shadowing around them.
The glitter is not heavy, the lighting in the above picture makes it appear thicker than it really is.  The final image looks like it has been brushed with Wink of Stella!

I had a great time creating this project.  I am working on several others and will share them as they are completed!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
This is the Process Video from my Craft Along With Me Session.



CHALLENGES ENTERED:










Stuff I Used:



16 comments:

  1. This card is fantastic and that technique creates a wonderful effect on the flower. I love the colour combo you've chosen, it's perfect for this project. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous Chana! I love how you gave the flower so much dimension without an EF. The sparkle on the flower is stunning. The blended ink backgound is beautiful. I need to watch the video on this technique. Thanks for sharing at the Double D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous coloring of this great emboss folder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! How very beautiful Chana, I love the depth you have achieved, with the lovely colouring and shading. The sparkle flower and the little gems are so lovely and add just that little extra. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. I have this embossing folder, too, and it never looked so good. I do have a few 3D folders, but mostly I'm perfectly happy with my many regular 2D folders. Just look what you can do with them! Wonderful! Lovely to see your card in our Double D Flower challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! I too have too many 2D folders to ever purchase another folder of any type! I hope you try the technique. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Really cool card and I love hearing about the process! Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. My attempts at debossing are never this good. Thanks for sharing with us at use your stuff

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana