Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #201 - Use Your Oldest Washi Tape

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

 Shopping Our Stash, wants to help you deplete that every growing pile of Washi Tape! 
Use Your Oldest Wash Tape:  
OR make faux washi tape OR use washi tape stamps
I have tons of this stuff.  This is just a small sample.  I never, ever use it and I no longer buy it. I have seen fabulous projects created with washi tape, but my attempts always fall flat.
This was my final Washi purchase (part of a kit).  I really wanted the chalk elements and the kit was on clearance.  I dropped the tape into my "stash" and promptly forgot about it!   So, needless to say, I struggled with this challenge.  Simply couldn't think of anything.

PROJECT #1 
 CANDLE wtih Washi
 This is one of those battery operated candles.  I used Washi Tape and Tissue Paper to cover it!
 I cut a couple of butterfiles and glued them inside. Very nice when the lights are out!

PROJECT #2
Tea Light Candles with Washi
I found a tutorial that teaches how to color these little jars using food coloring. Several years ago, I purchased tealights candles to use for Shabbos.  I still have a few hundred left.  My goal is to cover the tealights with Washi and burn them in the colored jars.  I usually light 5 candles on Shabbos, so I should end up with a colorful array of jars and a serious dent in my Washi Stash!  
NOTE:  The jars need to be tempered glass!


 Fortunately, my teammates at Shopping Our Stash are far more talented and have been able to create projects that provide wonderful inspiration sample using Washi Tape.  Please stop by and check out their creations

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

10 comments:

  1. Some great ideas for those of us that are washi tape challenged. I still buy it when I see it at the $$ store but I'm so challenged I have to CASE others projects. Awesome job on the candles and great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh *WOW*!!! what a great idea and you've executed it to PERFECTION! & again i say WOW!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, puleeze! These are gorgeous! And you are an amateur collector ... just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh Chana! These are gorgeous! Fab use of your washi tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun projects....great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great ideas! And oh how I struggled with this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow is right I just stopped by your blog and I'm in awe of the beautiful creations I've seen here. I also wanted to say thank you very much for the wonderful comment you left on my blog I think my head just got a little larger. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please woman, these projects are incredible! That pillar candle? And those cute tea lights? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked this Washi tape challenge! I love how the battery operated candle turned out, and I'm definitely going to be covering my stash of tea lights with Washi tape now. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chana I too have used washi over candles in the past! Loved the transformed battery operated one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana