Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Shopping Our Stash - Fantastic Plastic

Hello, Crafty Peeps!


Our current challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH is Fantastic Plastic.  Sounds simple enough, right?  We are surrounded by plastic everything...far too much for my tastes.  I recycle and I use a lot of plastic in my projects to do my bit for our environment.  One would think this challenge would have been easy for me..it was not!  It was the challenge from Hades!

I have learned a very important lesson.  Chalk paint does not adhere well to plastic even when you put it on top of several coats of gesso!
I started with a color scheme and a plan to use this Plastic Tub.
I also wanted to create a plastic see through lid.
After painting my cup, I decided I would use design paper to cover the body of my tub 
and beneath the plastic lid.
The cup works well for holding my metal embellishments.  This small container works better on my work station to hold embellishments I am using on a current project.
 This was not the easiest project, and probably not the prettiest or best, however, it is functional and keeps one more piece of plastic out of the landfill.

Hope to see your entry in our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana




5 comments:

  1. I think it's pretty, I like the coral colour and point taken about the paint on plastic. I love how you did the lid. Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you watching on your tablet while you create Chana??

    The challenge from Hades...he he he...you make me giggle!

    WOW, this is all kinds of steampunky awesomeness! why do I continue to recycle all these great containers??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great upcycle job!!! I think it looks great, and I like the see-through lid idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry about the HADES part (lol) but YOWZA the results are soooooooooo flippin' AWESOME!!!!!! love love looooooooooooove this! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana