Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Shopping Our Stash Challenge #290 - Heartless

®Hello, Crafty Peeples!
SOS Challenge "Heartless"
Create a Romantic Project without using Hearts.
The word Heart (s) can be used but no heart shaped die cuts or rubber stamps, etc.
I am hosting this week at Shopping Our Stash and so I must take responsibility for the challenge theme!  Oddly enough, I struggled with my own theme.  I know I had something else in mind for my project but cannot, for the life of me, remember what!  Anymahoo, here is my Romantic Valentine Card!  I made it for my son-in-law to give to my daughter and then forgot to give it to him when they were here yesterday!  He can give it to her on another special day!

VINTAGE ROMANCE
I really this beautiful LemonCraftraft™ "Anna Zaprzelska†" House of Roses Time Flies paper.  They were in one of the "Your Passion, Your Art" Main Kits from The Flying Unicorn™ (sadly, they are out of business.  I have held on to these papers for almost two years but, staying true to my resolve to actually craft with my supplies, I took a deep breath and CUT!
To add more interest, I used a scrap strip of card stock as my closer.
I secured back end of the closer with a decorative stamped image. I did not want to cut beautiful.  The pretty paper on the corner is the end of the paper I used to create my interior pocket.  
I created my interior tag pocket by fussy cutting the rose pattern at the bottom of one of my 12"x12" sheets.  I created a tag using the green base cs and the gingham pattern.  The gingham design is the reverse side of the rose printed paper.   The smaller greetings journal card is from the Graphic 45® Nature's Sketchbook Journaling & Ephemera Collection.
I used my 2"circle punch to cut out a small rose pattern.  The edges were distressed (Walnut Stain) and I attached it to the tag using clear 3D Zots™

This embossed Floral pattern in on the inside of the top flap.  Although is does not show in the photos, it works well and adds both depth and texture to the interior.
Close up of the Fussy cut interior tag pocket!  
"House of Roses-Time Flies"

Thanks for stopping by!  I would so love to see your projects in our challenge this week!   My teammates created some wonderful inspiration projects!  Take a look!  https://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com

HUGZ!
CHANA MALKAH

10 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! those papers are awesome. I love all of this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved reading the first paragraph of this, it made me feel sooooo NOT ALONE!!! b/c yeah, i've done that, lol! meanwhile, this is one of the most magnificent jobs of coordinating a lot of different sides and surfaces i've ever seen! i absolutley looooooooove this, missus! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly Chana!!!
    You have done it again!
    This is soooooo soft and pretty and AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chana! This is absolutely stunning! I can see why you didn't want to cut into that gorgeous paper...but I'm glad you did. This came out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness. That rose paper has my heart for sure! I have a thing for vintage-looking floral paper... I can see why you held onto it! But aren't you happy with the result??? Another awesome interactive piece by you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Chana!!This card is a labor of love in every single, lovely detail, this paper looks amazing, it looks 3D for sure!!! Everything about this card is awesome and gorgeous, I don't know how you found the strength to cut into this beautiful papers. So sad the manufacturer is out of business.
    I know you will use this papers to make very special cards, your daughter will love it when she receives it, maybe for her birthday?
    Gorgeous card Chana.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chana this is GORGEOUS! Beautiful paper and love all the details you have added here. Your daughter will love it 'when' she gets it. Funny how we buy beautiful paper and too scared to used them. It happens often but then we have to think - it is only paper and what can I make with them. A real stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chana, This is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your daughter will treasure her special card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana