Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year! - Shopping Our Stash (Use the Last of Something)

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
2014
The Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash is:  USE THE LAST OF SOMETHING.
  I thought it would be ironic to post a project that I made using the Last of Something to Make a Calendar for the coming New Year.   

 I played around with this cover a lot!  I was going to put 2014 on it, but decided I just liked seeing the wonderful images on this G45 paper.   I settled for just adding a little Glossy Accents and pearls.

I did not to use a base/stand, instead, I used a heavyweight chipboard that can stand alone.  
I forgot to wrap the ribbon around my binder rings.  I may do it later...maybe.

I wanted to keep the calendar pages consistent, so I chose to use the Journal Tags on each page with a few embellishments.
 I also managed to use the last of these Prima Flowers and some strips of Neenah Card Stock.
 Shabby Chic is not my strong point, so I was really just winging it.  
In the end, I really liked the calendar.


I found the tutorial for this calendar on YT  HERE
This is an Italian Language Channel, but Italian is not necessary to follow the Tutorial.
The Calendar size is 5"x7"

6 comments:

  1. fantastic and great calender you have made Chana.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that your "last of" project for 2013 is a calendar you can use throughout 2014! perfect combination of stash-usage AND forethought!!! :) ps: happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chana, your calendar is absolutely beautiful. I love all the details, layers and embellishments...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chana the calendar is gorgeous. I think your shabby/chic is awesome. I am not a "distresser" and shabby/chic is not my strong suit either. I just love everything about your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Primas! So perfect with this paper collection. The inked edges pull everything together so nicely - and the different trims...what a fun project :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana