Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shopping Our Stash - Heavy Metal

Hello, Crafty Peeples,

We have a fun challenge for you this week at Shopping Our Stash.  We want you to use some kind of metal (real or created) in your project.  It is also a great opportunity to break out some of the Rocker Dudes and create some fun Man Cards!  My post is a bit late.  I have had a few technology glitches.


I created my "metal" playing card using Tim Holtz's "Poker Face Set" embossing Folders.  I applied duct tape to a scrap piece of card stock and embossed it with the King of Clubs.  I applied  Jenni Bowlin "Spiced Tin" Acrylic paint and wiped it away with a paper towel.  That was followed by a coat of Jenni Bowlin "Fountain Pen".

The Metal Medallion is by Fab Scraps.  The Silver and Black Charm is from my stash!

This is one of those challenges that is open to so many interpretations.  I look forward to seeing your take on Heavy Metal!   Thanks for stopping by!   Hugz,  Chana


8 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! I love the metal look of embossed & pained duct tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh love love love your metallic playing card! The ribbon and medallion are just perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly, truly awesome! LOVE it!!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duct tape? Serious?? Wowzers! I am way impressed! That is so cool! Super card! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duct tape? Seriously, duct tape? Chana, this is absolutely BRILLIANT! Holy crow, that card looks like real metal! (which of course is the look you were going for!) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embossing with duct tape? THat is fabulous!! Love the charm & closure too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY MACKERAL!!!!!!!!!!!! this is unbelievably cool!!! wow, wow, wow! what a GENIUS thing to do. i'd love to stay and add LOTS more complimentary adjectives, but i need to find my duct tape RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job, the duct tape totally looks like sheet metal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana