Tuesday, December 9, 2014

613 Avenue Create - Subway Art - De-Constructed Subway Art Mini

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Yeah, another "lunch bag" mini album.  This little book was supposed to be my DT make at  613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog almost three weeks ago.  But a few health issues sidelined both me and hubby and we are only now rejoining the circus that is LIFE!  

I had fun working with the subway art and a little creative seed has taken root in my brain about more fun ways to use it.  For this design, I wanted a De-constructed look. The reason I stayed away from subway art in the past was because it was literally EVERYWHERE!  And, if you haven't noticed, I am not a huge fan of doing what is already being done someplace else! :D)

Papers Used:  7 Gypsies' Paddington 6"x6" Paper Variety Pack and Prima Cigar Box Secrets 

I decided to unstack and explode the words on the wall of my "subway."  Using some of the weird techniques I apply to my art journal covers,  I played around with brushstrokes and mixing ink colors, then covered the whole kaboodle with Mod Podge.




Lots of stacked art on the inside pages, but I decided not to do my usual picture overkill! :D)  I do plan to do a you tube share on this project, so that would take care of showing all the pages.

Ribbons Used:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Decided to leave the back of my "subway wall" plain.  All the emotions just exploded to the front, thus the deconstruction!

Anyway, I hope you like it!  Tomorrow, I want to post another project that I was working on before the flu/cold/whatever the heck this thing is, slammed us.  It was intended to be my DT make for Shopping Our Stash and the goal was to highlight your favorite technique!  The project was a TOTAL FAIL!  But I thought, well, maybe posting something that didn't quite work out would be okay as well.  I am redoing the project and hoping that I can post both my failure and my success.  "We shall see," said the blind man, to his deaf son, as they watched his lame daughter dance!

Hugz,
Chana

Challenges Entered:
PDE Linky Party - Pick A Challenge (I chose Mini Album)
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Chana! That is a cool book! I love that you have so many creative ideas struggling to get out of you - what a joy to see when you give birth to another idea!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely AMAZING. I love it! Do you need my address? LOL Seriously, great job. Love how beautiful it is. Thank you for Linking Up at PDE Linky Party.
    Your project is featured in our album on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    ~Janis, PDE Linky Party owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook
    Guest Designer Call – Click
    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Janis! So nice of you to include me in your album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. Love the style and colors. Thank you for joining us this week at PDE Linky Party.

    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a stunning little album. So vibrant in colour and I love the mixed media on the front cover.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana