Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #202 - Silver and Gold

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
It's Tuesday! This means another opportunity to diminish your STASH! 
This week the Shopping Our Stash Challenge is:

Create a project using SILVER AND GOLD


I chose to create my own background for this project and I was mighty surprised how well it worked.
My feathers are rather far apart, but..it works!
I am more inclined to create canvas projects than cards, these days, but I wanted to use my feather die, that has languished unused in my die box for almost a year.   The beautiful Hello die was a prize  from Quietfire.  I want Suzanne to know I love it!

HOW IT WAS DONE
 Background:
  1. Apply Tattered Angels' High Impact Platinum Paint to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of  Neenah Classic Crest Linen Card Stock.  
  2. After the paint dries, use The Crafter's Workshop's Mini Cubist Stencil and Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink to create the first layer of background design.  Use heat tool to dry Ink.
  3. Swipe Viva Inka Gold, Oldsilver across the background design.
  4. Apply Viva Inka Gold, Oldgold to the cubist blocks (I applied randomly)
  5. Allow the Inka Gold to set and then use the stencil with texture paste to add texture.
  6. Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of your panel and use distressing tool.
Feathers
  1. Die cut feathers using Spellbinder's "Feathers on the Wind" 
  2. Apply a thin coat of Gesso.
  3. Use your finger to swipe Viva Inka Gold over the feathers.
  4. Apply a coat of Tattered Angesls' Saffron Glimmer Glaze.
  5. Use your finger to apply a little luminarte Sunflower Pigment (Optional)
  6. Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of both feathers.
Hello
  1. Die cut sentiment using Quiet Fire's "Hello Die"  Hello#9500-2 (I used a scrap piece of a Kellog's Frosted Flakes cereal box.  The inside is a pretty grey which looks silver).  Apply a coat of Mod Podge allow to dry. (Heat tool will speed up drying)
  2. Apply Viva Inka Gold "Oldsilver."  Be careful not to tear letters.  It is okay if the application is spotty.  I added a little "Oldgold" and Vintage Photo DI to my "hello" because I did not want a shiny sentiment.  Experiment until you come up with what works for you.
  3. Spray with Sheer Shimmer (Silver)

13 comments:

  1. Love all the detail of the background, and I admire your ability to wait for things to dry. I am not that patient, so I will continue to live vicariously though you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! I was actually channeling you when I chose to attempt a CAS design!
      Hugz,
      Chana Malkah

      Delete
  2. WOW!!!! This is gorgeous!!! Love the rustic look and simple yet stunning design!!! I am your new follower!!! Hugs:) Samra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samra, for the nice complement and thanks for becoming a follower! I love your work. I am still not over that fabulous butterfly you created for the Big, Bold, and Beautiful challenge at SOS!
      Hugz,
      Chana Malkah!

      Delete
  3. Yet another work of art! This card is grungy gorgeousness! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris! I truly appreciate the nice words!
      Hugz,
      Chana Malkah

      Delete
  4. WOW Chana, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply lovely Chana! Thank you for using the die so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, so much for stopping by and leaving love! This is a nice die and will get a lot of use in my projects!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love your design and those feathers are awesome. thanks for the tip with the cereal boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chana, this is a jewel of a card; a real work of art.
    Hugs
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how i ***LOVE*** this card! seriously... i cannot stop staring at it... what a beautiful job... totally amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh oh oh! Such amazing texture - I love that background - and oooooh the golden leaves...this is a real beauty, Chana!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana