Hello, Crafty Peeples!
It's Tuesday! This means another opportunity to diminish your STASH!
This week the Shopping Our Stash Challenge is:
I chose to create my own background for this project and I was mighty surprised how well it worked.
My feathers are rather far apart, but..it works!
I am more inclined to create canvas projects than cards, these days, but I wanted to use my feather die, that has languished unused in my die box for almost a year. The beautiful Hello die was a prize from Quietfire. I want Suzanne to know I love it!
HOW IT WAS DONE
- Apply Tattered Angels' High Impact Platinum Paint to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Neenah Classic Crest Linen Card Stock.
- After the paint dries, use The Crafter's Workshop's Mini Cubist Stencil and Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink to create the first layer of background design. Use heat tool to dry Ink.
- Swipe Viva Inka Gold, Oldsilver across the background design.
- Apply Viva Inka Gold, Oldgold to the cubist blocks (I applied randomly)
- Allow the Inka Gold to set and then use the stencil with texture paste to add texture.
- Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of your panel and use distressing tool.
- Die cut feathers using Spellbinder's "Feathers on the Wind"
- Apply a thin coat of Gesso.
- Use your finger to swipe Viva Inka Gold over the feathers.
- Apply a coat of Tattered Angesls' Saffron Glimmer Glaze.
- Use your finger to apply a little luminarte Sunflower Pigment (Optional)
- Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of both feathers.
- Die cut sentiment using Quiet Fire's "Hello Die" Hello#9500-2 (I used a scrap piece of a Kellog's Frosted Flakes cereal box. The inside is a pretty grey which looks silver). Apply a coat of Mod Podge allow to dry. (Heat tool will speed up drying)
- Apply Viva Inka Gold "Oldsilver." Be careful not to tear letters. It is okay if the application is spotty. I added a little "Oldgold" and Vintage Photo DI to my "hello" because I did not want a shiny sentiment. Experiment until you come up with what works for you.
- Spray with Sheer Shimmer (Silver)