Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #243 - Oh Me Lucky Stars

Hello, Crafty Leprechauns!
Chris is hosting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash 
 She has challenged us to:

MAKE A ST. PATRICK'S DAY PROJECT
OR
Use A Charm(s), or Use The Color Green Predominately

  I did not have a single four leaf clover charm and I did not have any St. Patrick's Day themed paper.  So I decided to go with charms and green paper.
I am having a love affair with acetate right now (actually, I am just trying to get rid of some of the acetate packaging I've saved up,) so I decided to create a window and frame my hearts.  I used distress ink to create a watercolor background for my TCW  stenciled hearts, and then used yellow and green chalk on the background. 
The embossing folder is WRMK's Next Level Set: QUILTED
Placing all those beads around the hearts is one of those ideas that seems like a good idea and ends up...well, I just calmed down so I won't go there!

I know we are going to see some fabulous entries.  I hope yours will be in the MIX!

Make sure you stop by and leave a little love for my teammates!


Hugz,
Chana

14 comments:

  1. This is a 'green' card in more ways than one! Love that you're upcycling the acetate packaging and in such a pretty way, a truly beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shani! I guess I could reduce my acetate stash if I simply stopped shopping!
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful and the quilted background is amazing, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! The WRMK Next Level embossing folders are great. The make a deep impression and you get two in each pkg.
      Hugz,

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh this is so cute, I love that quilted background (who's folder is it?) it looks like you stitched it on the machine. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! We Are Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folder - QUILTED.
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete
  4. oh wow, that is truly lovely! what a great card! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Lauren! This week everything came out of my stash!
      Hugz,!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely card, Chana! That embossing folder is so cool, (and I really want it now!), and even though you were probably cussing up a storm adding those beads, the result was sooooo worth it - Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, it was so bad, the Hubster came to my rescue! You should have seen him trying to place beads...hilarious! Those darn things kept sticking to my fingers, my clothes...
      Hugz,

      Delete
  6. Ohhhhhh I love love love that quilt embossing folder! I have never seen that one before.
    Your card is gorgeous, Love the hearts, the window, the GREEN! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna! Thanks so much! I love all the new embossing folders that are trending now. They really help us push our creative horizons.
      Hugz,

      Delete
  7. Chana, I dearly LOVE your card - the stenciled hearts, the beads (even though they were a headache to apply), and that embossing folder! I have just spent lots of time looking for one, and finally locating it. GORGEOUS! BEAUTIFUL card. (may I ask which die cut machine you use, please? if you receive email notifications, please just hit reply, and it will come back to me). Thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing how you created this Beauty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I sent the e-mail! I embossed this with my Standard Big Shot! The Next Level Embossing Folders leave a deep impression!
      Hugz,!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana