Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Shopping Our Stash - How Does Your Garden Grow?


 Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Welcome to another week of stash reducing fun!  
The Shopping Our Stash Team thought we would keep it easy this week and give you a broad theme: 
 Anything One Might Find In A Garden!
This has proven to be another good stash reducing challenge for me.  About three years ago I purchased a box of tags (1000 count) because I planned on making a bunch of tag minis!   Need I say it? There are still 975 tags in the box!  I was also able to use some embellishments from a card that I "deconstructed."
Stash Items: Manilla Tag - 3 years old
Paper Butterfly - 2 years old
Crinkled Ribbon - 4 years old
Brad - 4 years old

Tutorial - Creating A Leafy Background using ColorBox 

Supply List:
Standard Tag - Manilla
Die Cut Butterfly/flowers
Ribbon
Brad
Step Tutorial
I created a second tag using a fall palette.
~~~~~


Determine your color palette (I wanted the manilla to show through in my design.  You can color your tag or used a colored tag.)  I used the purples and greens from the Queue stack and Creamy Brown, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Citrus and Dark Brown Cat's Eye Pads.

Using your Cat's Eye Pad, stamp your leaf design onto the tag.  I started with my lightest color (Creamy Brown) and worked from light to dark (Dark Brown.) 

When you are satisfied with your "leafy" background, add your stencil design and ink with the purple pads.

Distress the edges of the tag using Burnt Sienna.  I used Smooch to color the hole reinforcement paper.  This is not necessary with a crafting or die cut tag.

Place your ribbon and  secure with a staple.  Add your sentiment.
I salvaged these flowers from an old project!
Layer your flowers on top of the stenciled image.
Add a brad and you are done!

Thanks for dropping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah!


Disclosure Statement

EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2009, FTC GUIDELINES REQUIRE BLOGGERS TO DISCLOSE ANY TIME THEY ARE COMPENSATED FOR ENDORSING OR REVIEWING PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.

The Project that is demonstrated above contains components I received for free in return for my services and for posts on my blog. I affirm that I have not made, nor would I ever make or endorse, misleading statements regarding any product or service used in the operation of this blog.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE USED ON MY BLOG, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT CMALKAH@YAHOO.COM.



10 comments:

  1. Stunning, love the color pallet you used, so pretty, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chan's, two beautiful tags, lovely layering of the different inks for a great finish... have a great week.. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW!!! these are extraordinary, missus! i love the way you've used the cats eye ink pads to make a background! (actually i love everything about these, but that element is the first thing i'm planning to STEAL lol!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous tags, Chana! Now only 973 to go! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tags... I've never thought to use my little cat's eyes for leaves-- of course! Both of these have such a lovely warm palette that is very aesthetically appealing! And good job denting that tag stash! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so pretty! I love how you created the background with just the ink pads! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tags, and now another idea for my chalk ink. Both tags are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tags. I like the techniques you used. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, artsy tags with wonderful colors! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chana, I love this tags, beautiful colors and texture, what a fabulous way to create a unique background, the layering of all of this images is awesome.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana