Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Shopping Our Stash - Shape Up!

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Welcome to the New Year!  I am hosting this week at Shopping Our Stash and in honor of all those "I will get in shape this year" resolutions, I figured creating a project using different shapes would be a solution to the failed resolution.

Create a shaped card or project or simply use shaped dies. The only NO NO is the shape cannot be Round or Square.


Hexagonal Trinket Boxes
I made this box as a companion piece to a "bud vase" I created for my neurologist last year.  The Graphic 45® Birdsong Collection is just so pretty!  I added one black flat back pearl to each of the panels and it really added interest to the design

~~~
 Trinket Box For My Dressing Table
 I am changing the accent colors in my bedroom from cream to oatmeal(ish.)  G45's Old Curiosity Shoppe paper works perfectly!

The Trinket boxes are constructed using heavy weight chipboard and Kraft Paper.  Once the boxes were constructed, I painted them black using Earth Safe Finishes® Chalk paint.

This Link will take you to the YouTube Video Tutorial I used to make this box.   I did not use a compass to draw my hexagons. Instead, I used templates that  I  created with heavy Duty Chipboard.  

Here are the GryphonArt Templates I used to create my hexagons. Be sure to print at 100%.   I hope Uploading this as a JPG will work.  I downloaded the PDF file. 

 After printing the templates, I cut and traced them onto heavy -duty chipboard.  I glued the template sheets to the top and marked the"Front."  I created other templates for my Lid Layers.  

Thanks for Stopping By! I look forward to seeing your project at:

HUGZ!
CHANA






8 comments:

  1. Chana, this boxes are gorgeous, what a labor of love!! the pattern papers are divine, so vintage and elegant and so are the beautiful details on each of this sweet little boxes.

    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, your projects are always fabulous love love love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Chana! These are both so cool! (And of course you used G45!) Really like the addition of the solitary black pearl-- you're right: it adds a lot... more than if you'd embellished every side. Classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing trinket boxes! Love the papers you used and all the little details you've added to both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy *WOW* these are incredible missus!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These boxes are stunning!! I love them both !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhh Chana!! Your tinket boxes are exquisite!!
    Fantastic creations!
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really lovely, Chana. Hugs & blessings for a bright and happy new year.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana