Sunday, February 17, 2019

A Place To Start: Inspiration Challenge: You Are My Sunshine - Tissue Paper /Embossed Acetate

Hello, Crafty Makers!
This is my third make for the Inspiration Challenge at
Over the past few days, I have been doing a lot of Tissue paper water coloring.  Unique patterns form when you do this technique!
YAY!  One more CAS design under my belt!
You Are My Sunshine!
This cheery tissue panel was easily one of the favorites of my first attempts at tissue paper water coloring.  Waiting for inspiration, I kept it on my board for a few days while I worked on other projects.  It was clear that the panel should be the star of the show.  I had just ordered this stitched scallop frame die and from that, I drew my inspiration.   I had seen the Scallop frame used in conjunction with the circle flower background plate and I thought that would be a good combination here as well.  The Hubster says it is "holographic.  I simply love the way the white give extra life to the colored panel.
~~~~~~~~~
Supplies and Stuff
1 piece -Watercolored tissue paper.  My panels were 6"x6"
1 piece -White card stock cut to A2 (4.25"x11" and scored at 5.50")
1 piece -White card stock cut to the size of your frame die
1 piece -Acetate cut to the size of your frame
1 Rectangle Scallop Frame Die
1 Circle Flower Cut Background Plate Die
Embellishment(s) and Sentiment Dies
Wet Adhesive, Double-sided Foam Tape, Double-sided Tape
Wink of Stella, Optional

THIS IS WHAT I DID
     
1.  Create your watercolor panel and wait for it to AIR dry thoroughly( 15-20 minutes).
2.  Use a strong adhesive (wet glue) to glue the panel to the acetate. Use your finger or a sponge to spread the glue smoothly and evenly over the acetate.
3.  Carefully place the colored panel onto the acetate.  Allow assembly to dry.
4.  Emboss the WC panel using the cut background plate (it is important not to use a background die that will cut all the way through your panel).

5.  Use double-sided tape to adhere the embossed panel to the frame. 
6.  Apply double-sided foam tape to the back of your embossed panel.  I put foam on the four sides and a horizontal piece across the middle.
7.  Mount the remaining white panel to the back.
8.  Use double-sided tape to adhere the assembly to the A2 card base.
9.  Embellish.
10. Stand back and admire your work! :D
I added Wink of Stella to my embellishments for added visual interest. 

What I Used:






Thanks so much for stopping by!
I would love to see your projects in my new challenge blog!
Challenges:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends: Always ATG
Crafting From The Heart: Always ATG

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. What a fun technique. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. very Beautiful Background Color
    and love White Sentiment here too
    the leaves so elegant Chana
    I love the Frame too if I have next salary I will try to buy this Frame Looks ist popular nowadays
    great adorable Card my friend
    See you mabye around
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous. Love how you designed. The elements are so nice. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana