Tuesday, August 27, 2013

For The Boys - Shopping Our Stash

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
This week, thanks to Shopping Our Stash, I got a chance to use some paper from one of my 500 6x6 pads!  I see these pads and I think, "Oh, boy, I just love that collection of papers.  I know what I will do with it!"  Of course, not 1/50th of those big ideas ever saw the light.  So I found some Map Paper by 7 Gypsies (didn't even know I had it.  Come to find out I have two...never opened).  

 I decided to stick with the "boring", "predictable" colors traditionally used for male cards.  Since the Map paper is really the star, I wanted to keep embellishments to a minimum and highlighting colors either neutral or very muted.
 The word band reads, "The Journey Awakens The Soul".

I played around with the composition for a while, but decided that a recessed box card would make the best presentation for this minimalistic design!
I decided to leave the inside blank.  This is part of a collection of cards that I am giving to my SIL.  She sends them out to family and friends.  I didn't want to limit how she could use this one!

THE BACK STORY!

Stash Items:  Map Paper (7 gypsies' Global 6x6 Pad);  Patterned Paper ( Studio Calico's Classic Calico Pad);  Die Cuts:  Umbrella Man and Postage Stamp Frame - both by Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix. Ribbon Stampin' Up; Word Band Tim Holtz Idea-ology.   All items in this project are 6 months - 1year old.  The Umbrella Man Die I have had for three months but never used, the Postage Die I have had for 6 months and only used once.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you will use this challenge to decrease your stash...a little!  Please stop by Shopping Our Stash to see what my Teammates have created with their "old, long forgotten stuff!"
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Challenges Entered:
ABC Challenges - No Flowers
Card Mania Challenge - Ribbon
Craftin Desert Diva's Challenge - Anything Goes
Created with Love Challenge - Anything Goes
Make It Mondays - Always Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges - Die Cut, Punches, Decorative Sisscors
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes (Week 2 of 3 Weeks)
Crafting With Dragonflies - Masculine/Father's Day
So Artful Challenges - Use A Map!

30 comments:

  1. Very nice card as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an utterly fabulous and beautiful design! i especially love all the dimension and depth you've gotten by putting a recessed section INTO the front panel! magnificent! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Chana! Love those papers and how you've used them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the recessed frame! And the postage edge is so perfect with the map!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an amazing card and design. I'm motivated to dig in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. I love the Old World paper. Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge at Created With Love Challenges.
    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a true artist! Each piece is so well made and thought through.
    I love the unusual approach to that frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, love the card design Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Anything Goes Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layers you created. Very beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card I love the dimension and the colors are great. I saw you on MIM I am # 35and #103, stop by I would
    Love to have you visit.
    This is so sweet.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your lovely card thanks for sharing with CWLC this week
    Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My Channa this is so beautiful. Love the card cut or the box card. I am gonna have to try this one. Your so talented!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Created With Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card and layout Chana. Visited from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chana - when I saw the name I knew it had to be YOU lol What an amazing piece of work you have here. Just love it in every way - so talented. Love it and especially when I can see Scotland there. It is awesome. Glad you got to use a small bit of those 6x6 papers you have too many off.
    So glad you shared it with us over at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hugs Ina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Love the old world paper. Thanks for joining our Make the Cut Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, Chana! This is incredible! Perfect use of the map paper, inside and out, and I love your silhouette man with the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chana, this is a awesome creation, just love it. Tim is the man. The colors are amazing and I love your design. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni, DT
    delightfulsketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chana - You make the most wonderful things! So much thought goes into your pieces. I always love seeing what you come up with. This is great paper and I have that stamp by Tim Holtz. Love how you used it!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the inspiration - I have now an inkling on a card I have to make. Your paper problem sounds like my paper problem! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our male card/father's day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW this is so very awesome Chana and super creative! I LOVE it!

    Hugs
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love what you did, great papers, I am glad you had the strength to use them, lol. Great card, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the dimension on the front of the card. The papers really are the star of the show with just the perfect placement of images and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is simply AH-mazing!! I love the combination of the vintage silhouette and colorful maps together! What a treasure of a card!
    And you have 500 paper pads?! Seriously? I don't feel so bad now, as I "only" have 2 shoe boxes full of them! LOL It's a fun addiction though, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card, great use of those papers,
    saw this on MIM.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous masculine card! Love everything about it Chana. :) Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cool shadow box, works so well with your silhouette image. I really like the map papers, will have to watch out for that one. Love the inside too. Thank-you for sharing with us at Crafting With Dragonflies,
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the coolest card ever! I love the dimension and the umbrella man seems to be looking way far away. It's perfect for our Maps challenge, thanks for being Soartful with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is awesome! Love the recessed box design too! Thanks for playing along with our 'No Flowers' challenge over at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  29. AMAZING!!! I absolutely LOVE this card! Super job! Thank you for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just a note that you must be a follower of Crafting With Dragonflies challenge blog to be eligible for our prizes/top 3, if you already are just disregard, would hate for anyone to miss out!
    {Hugs} Barb, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana