Wednesday, January 3, 2024

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #761- Two Projects and A Mess!

 Hello, Crafty Peeps!


One of my first crafting promises to myself for 2024 was to enter more challenges (I rarely do) and the first challenge I wanted to participate in was WOYWW! I really enjoyed this challenge but had to stop for health reasons. The challenge is self-explanatory, but you can go HERE to get a better explanation!

It is fun to visit the blogs of these creatives!  All the blessed messes, the squeaky cleans, and the awesome inspiration are great ways to get over the "hump."

I have two projects to share this week!  

Gift Bag

This is the result of "extreme" procrastination.  I ordered the gift for my Rheumatologist three months ago.  My appointment is today at 8:20 am.  So, in the middle of my original mess (see below) I had to stop and start on this project.  I wanted to recreate a design I saw on a greeting card over at Lavinia Stamps.  I added my own elements.  I think it turned out okay!   My doctor loves fun socks, so I got "doc socks" as a fun gift and a beautiful "aerospace engineer" ink pen as a real gift!
The Final Product!


MESS #2
A Gatefold Card
This month on my challenge blog A Place to Start, our theme is "Create A Gatefold!"  I was following a tutorial and wanted to create a scenic gatefold.  I made a video for my YouTube Channel, but due to my procrastination, I won't be able to finish editing that until I come back from my treatment today.  Which means it won't get done until tomorrow.  I always have chills after the treatments and generally spend the next day or two in bed.  Hopefully, I will be able to add the video to this post tomorrow night.  This is, after all, a New Year!

The Finished Card

Thanks to everyone who visits!  I will make my visits as soon as I get home!  It is 1:00 am here and I have to be up at 5:00 am.

Scenic Gatefold Card

Decorated Gift Bag!









Thanks for dropping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

29 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW ! i think the card for your Dr is amazing and so is the gatefold card. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, what a great present idea for your Dr, praying your treatment today goes really well. Happy WOYWW.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X  

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz} {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shaz! Doc loved the gifts. Treatment went well! I appreciate your prayers!

      Delete
  3. Good to see you, loving the cards. Hope to se you around again. Wishing you a very happy woyww new year. Hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Won't let me sign in for some reason. Beautiful cards Chana. A quick visit this week dues to new windows being installed (and of course it has started raining). Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! I hope your installers got to you before the rain poured in! Hugz!

      Delete
  5. Hello! Great to see you again, so pleased you feel well enough to join us.
    I think your card will be really appreciated, and I love the gatefold idea .....
    Christine #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! It is nice to be back! I have enjoyed visiting everyone!

      Delete
  6. Looks as if someone has been watching Jo Rice. Lovely bag and card.
    Hugs, Neet 4 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Neet! Yes, I have. I am following her tutorials and Tracey's! They are fabulous!

      Delete
  7. Sister, I am right there with you! Awaiting a call from MY Rheumatologist as well. Auto-immune stuff SUCKS big time. Love you card and I was quite happy to see your name on the list as I remember your posts from a while back. Good luck with your appointment and hopefully we will be seeing you pop up as often as you can.
    Happy 2024 WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Anne! It is good to be back! You are so right! Auto-immune diseases suck. Mine is super rare and so super suckier. Still, G-d is good and Rheumys are presistent! :D) Hope you hear from your Rheumy!

      Delete
  8. Well it's great to see you! There's nothing like a deadline to inspire if you ask me, and that's why procrastination was invented! The gift bag is just lovely, so much work, it will be hugely appreciated. Same again on your gatefold card, the scene is gorgeous, I don't have any Lavinia stamps, building scenes isn't the way my mind works at all! I'll check out your challenge blog this week too, nothing like a challenge to kick start some ideas! Hope you aren't in post treatment shivers for too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! I only recently started trying to build scenes. The ladies at Lavinia have some great tutorials! I hope you will join in the challenge!
      Hugz!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card and love the altered bag, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super gift bag and love the rope quote. Here's hoping you can join us more often this year. Hugs BJ#12

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! Chana, the bag and the gifts inside, would have been received with joy, I'm sure, original and so very beautiful who could ask for more. The card is fabulous, love the colour mix and the beautiful images, they make a wonderful scene. Love the verse too. I hope you are feeling OK after your treatment, and you feel even better in the days to come. Wishing you Health and Happiness in the coming year. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith! My Doc loved his gifts. I didn't see him, so I left the gift on his desk! We were driving home when he called to thank me. He seemed genuinely touched! On my way to visit your blog! HUGZ!

      Delete
  12. Your gift bag is beautiful, as is your gatefold card. I hope your treatment goes well.
    All the best for the new year and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. Your cards are wonderful, love the scenic one. You didn’t get a lot of sleep! Hope your treatment went well. Angela #18

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards (and relate to procrastinating)! 2024 blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, it was so lovely to see your name on the list again! I’m sorry too hear that you’ve been so unwell though and sincerely hope that the treatment helps. Although I’m not a card maker, I LOVE Lavinia stamps and like what you’ve done with them, especially turning the fairy a little and putting her on the swing, that’s so clever and works really well!
    Happy 2024 and WOYWW too,
    Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh hope your treatment went well and thanks for visiting my desk already. Loving the gatefold card and hope your watercolour course is going well too.
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice work as always, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana