Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Rose By Any Other Name - Shopping Our Stash

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
Over at Shopping Our Stash, we are challenging you to use your oldest flowers or floral stamp in a creation!  The stamp I used for this challenge, may not be my oldest, but I have had it since 1995, so it is pretty old.  This is my first time using the stamp because prior to now, I didn't feel as though my ability to color image was strong enough.  I still have a long, long, way to go, but I am not as tentative as I used to be.  So here goes!

The stamped image is so bold, I knew I would need a strong sentiment to balance out the design.  It was tricky, because the image and the sentiment could not fight for attention; they needed to work in tandem.  It took a minute but I finally came across this fabulous rub on!  Love at first sight!

 I rarely work with glitter glaze, but I found a bunch for $.79 in the dollar bin at Wal-mart and thought, "oh well, what the heck.  You never know!"  This image seemed to beg for glitter.  So I applied the glaze sparingly around the lines of the bloom and on the center spines of the leaves.  In Real Life, the sparkle is fabulous like so many little diamonds!  I didn't want a tab so  I used magnets as closers

I like to leave a lot of white space inside my projects.  I want the sender to have lots of room to write personal notes to the recipient.

 I have fallen in love with this style card base.  It is great fun to think of new ways design the closer and also to integrate the interior design into the focal group(s) on the front.  It is also amazing how changing the orientation or the amount of interior space you expose can have such a dramatic effect on your finished design!

 THE BACK STORY
Card Stock: Bazzill - Black and White
Designer Papers: First Edition Paper - Sweet Owl Collection
Rubber Stamp: Comotion Rubber Stamps - Jumbo Rose
Sentiment: KAISERscrapbook - Rub Ons "Friends"
Butterfly: Prima Vinyl Butterflies
Misc: Brad, magnets, ribbon scrap

Thanks for dropping bye!  I look forward to seeing your projects at SHOPPING OUR STASH
PS:  I missed the deadline for posting my card.  This is the Jewish High Holidays and I have really been focused on that and my very sick MIL, so  You WON'T see this project on the SOS Blog.  But the other ladies have some super nice projects, so check it out!

Hugz,
Chana

Oh, my,  I am so happy because for this design:

10 comments:

  1. Stunningly gorgeous, Chana! Love that butterfly and the rose is utterly magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sentiment is perfect! And I love how you've coloured the rose - we're our own worst critics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Fabulous job on the coloring. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully colored, Chana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful rose card Chana. And yes you can color!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful creation and deserved to be featured, congras.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Chana...I came over here to thank you for your kind words on my card "You Decorated My Life" and I see this. This card is incredible...just love everything about it...great layout, colours, style...gorgeous! Just to let you know, I haven't actually entered my card into any challenges yet, I haven't had time lol...not sure how you came to see anything for that one, but I really do appreciate the info. and the kind words.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is so pretty with great coloring and just enough sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful Chana! I can't believe you've had this stamp for so long and not used it! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chana what a stunning card!! Your rose is colored so beautifully. Gorgeous inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana