Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Everything Tastes Like Chicken! - Yet Another Brown Paper Bag Creation


Good Morning, Crafty Peeps!

This week at Shopping Our Stash,  we want you to create a design that honors that most  humble of humble yard birds,  The "CHICKEN".  I was stumped, for a while,  because I really don't do whimsy.  I think I found a solution that works for me and for the theme requirement.

Rosh HaShana is fast approaching and I used this challenge as motivation to finally come up with a design for the invitations to my Seder.  Combining "Whimsy' with "Understated Elegance" proved to be rather daunting.

I placed the "Chicken" on the back of the invite and it flows.  Adds a little humor.. I like!
"I don't even want to tell you what this tastes like".






My original idea was to put a doughnut in the center section, but decided that these gummed pads would be a more practical gift.

I knew the crafting gods were smiling on me when I found this wonderful "save the date" paper in my stash!  


The invitation was made using a brown paper lunch bag.



In deference to my Jewish friends, "b'li ayin hara" this is not my acutal seder menu. I would never serve meat and dairy together. G-d forbid!    The items here are for display only.
Video is HERE - You Tube Share Video
For additional Inspiration, Please visit my SOS Teammates 

Leslie
Alica
Deena
Lauren
Donna
Chris
Barb (off this week)

then enter our challenge 

SHOPPING OUR STASH
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Challenges Entered:
The Kraft Journal -  Anything Goes-must Use Kraft /items that can be purchased at the Outlet
Craft-Dee BowZ - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
All Crafts Challenge - Anything But A Card

Crafting From the Heart - Always Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Must include 2 Cute Images or an image featuring 2 Cute Characters 
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Sketch N Stash - Sketch


16 comments:

  1. Is that chicken panel a comic or a stamped image? It's so funny!

    I can't believe you're making such elaborate invitations. I'm tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tooooooooo funny and TOO COOL!!! amazing project missus! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a hand drawn cartoon. I purchased it from one of those sites where artists sell their work. It is hilarious. I just printed it added some color and the rest is history. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cartoon couldn't be more perfect! I love the idea of combining the funny with such an elegant invite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Chana! Your invitation is funny, beautiful and awesome!!
    That sentiment is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what great inspiration and love your write up too
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This project is too funny and I love it!! What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project thanks for sharing at crafting from the heart and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the cartoon adds a light-hearted chuckle for your guests to enjoy! I love the menu & recipe guide - what a fantastic invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, well done lovely thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I think that challenge theme would have stumped me too but your interpretation is really clever.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness how fun!!! LOVE your cartoon image and sentiment!!! What a creative invitation and I love the layout of the menu! You are sooo creative and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic project love it. Just letting you know that there's a new challenge going to starting 4 Jan 2015 over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Love you to become a follower would be great, there's a DT Call happening too, grab our badge while you if you like to, really hope to see you join us, many thanks xx
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    My Blog{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous invitation and I'm sure getting my giggles today. LOVE this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious image! What a great project, I hop they took you less time to make than they look! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did chuckle at the chicken joke...very funny! But what I really love about this is how you elevated this humble brown bag into a work of art! Wow, I wish I was invited just so I could receive one of these awesome swag bags! Nicely done, Chana!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana