Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #245 - Something for the Big or Biggest Boy

This week,at Shopping Our Stash, Alica is hosting and she wants us to create a masculine card.  I feel badly about presenting a work in progress, but I am still working on this card for my son's birthday.  I hope to have updated pictures later in the week.

My son is a Systems Engineer and sometimes has to come up with extremely "creative" solutions for his clients.  Tight budgets and grand expectations have to be balanced to create systems that are functional and cost effective.  Sometimes he has to think way outside the box!
 I used WRMK's Next Level Embossing folder to create the basket weave.  Then I rubbed Rub N' Buff Grecian and Autumn Gold across the front and buffed it to a shine.  I tried to get the "golden glitter" on camera but failed.  Maybe I can talk my photographer into taking pictures tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely folder and how you used the Rub'n buff on it.love that embellishment. fab. job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is GORGEOUS. wow. seriously, you've chosen EXACTLY the right items and then enhanced each one perfectly. & again i say wow. (also... i NEED that e/f...) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab job Chana! The basket weave is gorgeous and I love that sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card! i think pretty manly even with basket weave embossing, never would have thought to us that for a guy! hope your son figures out what to do for his client!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous. Loving the vintage feel.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana