Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Shopping Our Stash - In A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
and
Thanks, Joshua!
Tine for another fun Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!  This week,  Donna is hosting and she wants us to deplete our stash by creating a project using:
Creatures from a Galaxy Far, Far, Away.
   (Star Wars, space, UFO's, Aliens)   
I own no cute stamps and I really didn't want to buy a digital just for this challenge, so, I turned to my grandson and asked him to draw a character from another galaxy.  So here we have Galaxia from Galaxis a planet in the Oreye Galaxy!  He drew this in about five seconds and then went back to his "serious art."  I like her and she now hangs on the wall in my sitting room.

Stash Items:  Vellum, Paper, Canvas, Aluminum Foil, Chalks
I created my Galactic background by embossing a piece of aluminum foil with the WRMK Next Level embossing folder "Wave."  I used Maya Gold® Blue Glitter Paint and added a little additional glitter.
I used Mod Podge™ to attach a piece of blue vellum to the canvas and mounted my aluminum foil using Scor-Tape.

I plan to use my Silhouette Mint to create a stamp using this image.  
I think Joshua will get a kick out of that!

Hope to see you in our SOS Challenge!
Hugz
CHANA




7 comments:

  1. Love this project, awesome job on Galaxia, Your grandson has talent and I'm sure he will feel special if you make a stamp of it. Fab. job on the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, see, i was going to ask where you got the stamp and it's ORIGINAL ART which explains why it is so amazingly wonderful! beautiful joshua+chana collab!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Awesome job Josh! That image is amazing and I think it's super cool to make a card featuring a piece of your Grandson's art!! Clearly the artistic talent runs in your family!

    P.S. hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title of the challenge and your blog post, Chana! Really cute! And your project is darling! Definitely looks like Space Kitty is here to save the day! Great techniques and a fun image! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you win!!! Using original artwork by your grandson was just such a brilliant idea! This is adorable!!! Way to go Joshua!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly adore this so much...I'm trying to do something but haven't finish yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lois! When you complete your project. Please post it at A Place To Start as well as Shopping Our Stash. I would love to see it!
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana