Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Shopping Our Stash - Winter Blues

Hello, Crafty Folks!
This week at Shopping Our Stash our Theme is:
Winter Blues
We want you to use Blue but DO NOT create a winter card!
Hey, don't blame me, this was not my idea!
But I do love this theme!
~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, I am playing with my homemade gelli Printing Plate again!  I am simply addicted and there is little need to try and pretend that I am not. Especially since week after week you poor people will be subjected to my amateur attempts to perfect, or at least to greatly improve, my skills in this new artistic discipline.
Click on Images to see Mixed Media Details!
Me, Myself, and I had a rather heated debate over the decision to distress or to not distress the edges.  In the end, "I" won out and left the edges of the border white.  In real life, the visual impact is awesome!  I took these pictures with my tablet and they are not the best.  Sorry!
I like the continuity I get using swatches of my gelli prints to embellish the card interior. 
~~~~~~~~~~
This was another stash clearing/using project!  I am slowly depleting my twelve-year-old cache of Neenah papers that were in inventory when we closed our Graphics business.
Stash Items:  
Neenah Linen CS - Solar White
Neenah Linen CS - Epic Black
Liquitex Acrylic Paint
DecoArt Acrylic Paint
Heidi Swapp Clear Stamp - "Cute"
Andy Skinner(for DecoArt) Stencils: Tread Lightly, Tornados, Children, Code Breaker
Tools and Supplies:
Gelli Plate, Brayer, Paintbrush
Crackle Medium
DecoArt Decoupage Sealer
Adhesive
Double-sided Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by!  Please visit our challenge to enter your project and to see the fabulous creations of my teammates!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah






8 comments:

  1. oh WOW!!!!! you are just sooooooo totally ROCKIN' the gelli, it is a blast to watdh! (& i must say you're getting "use-able" prints ever so much faster than i did, lol! i'd be a little jealous if i wasn't drooling so much!!!) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chana, you and those Gelli prints.....fabulous combination, this is a very interesting and different medium but the results are unique and beautiful.
    Great card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scene - love the splashes of yellow with the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Chana this is gorgeous! I for one am most pleased to be subjected to your artistic endeavours as often as you share them!
    This piece is so lovely and perfect for the challenge.
    I love the wee umbrella silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous, the blues and the added yellow, You are really rocking the gelli plate. (which tutorial did you use)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little scene here Chana. Just wish I needed that umbrella. Love a bit of mixed media and the amazing results you get with a gelli plate. Have never made one but fascinating to watch how they come together. Yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, been waiting to get a closer look at this mixed-media piece... awesome. I hear that gelli-printing is addictive! Sh*t... I want to try it, but I have no self-control... and I have a family I need to care for, LOL! So I will live through your awesome projects until I break... LOL! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana