Monday, May 27, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY!! - The Outlawz Greetings Challenge - Vintage Masculine B'day Card

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

Today is my husband's birthday and this wonderful tutorial by Tammy Tutterow was just the inspiration I needed to create a different, fun card for the most important person in my life!


The background on this panel was created by painting on the stripes using Tim Holtz Distress Stains.
The muslin should really have a few wrinkles, but I added too much glue and then had the brilliant idea of running it through my Big Shot (which removed all the wrinkles) (sigh).  Actually, I liked the texture that was created by the textured cardstock beneath the fabric.

Tammy uses a Tim Holtz "Cabinet Card Frame" for her sleeve, but since none of the logos at the bottom of the frames were appropriate for my project, I simply made my own using a piece of  6"x12" Bazzill Textured Card Stock.  I scored the CS at 6" and used 1/4" Scor-tape to seal the sides.

My husband vowed he would retire at age 50 and, true to his word, a week after his 50th birthday, he retired.  In the 15 years since his retirement, we have owned and operated two businesses, served as leaders to our own Congregation and were able to care for our first Grandson from birth until he entered Pre-K (My husband is not fond of day care centers).  So this sentiment "Live The Life You've Imagined," just seems to fit perfectly for my MAN!  The Umbrella Man represents the protection my DH has always provided for our family.


I was out of batting (for backing the muslin) so I used Cross Stitch fabric instead.  It works well.   I was glad I could use the Eureka Gift Box digi to create a holder for the gift card! A piece of the painted muslin creates the belly band for the tag! (as you can see the belly band has the original wrinkles)

I had a wonderful time working on this project for my hubby!  I love the simplicity of this design and will use it many times throughout the year, I am sure!  Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,  Chana

Supplies used:
CS:           Bazzill Textured
Tag:         Tim Holtz- Tag #8 - Manilla
Dies:         Tim Holtz- Postage Frame and Gadget Gears
Stamps:     Tim Holtz -Visual Artistry; Pink Paislee - Nantucket; Hero Arts-Newspaper; Eureka Digi
Misc:         Tim Holtz - Enameled Tag, Ranger Distress Inks and Paints

Challenges Entered: (I'll Be Back)
CardMania - Spots and/or Stripes
Cards For Men - Dad
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Vintatge *********
Anything Goes Challenges - Always Anything Goes
Creative Challenges 2 - For The Fellas
Die Cuttin Divas - Shape Card (Must Use A Die Cut)
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Sketch
Lady Anne's Challenges - NanaVicky Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door -Always Anything Goes
Great Impressions Monthly Challenge - Celebrations
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions Challenge - Use Something not normally used in card making




12 comments:

  1. Chana, great card, love the papers and image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chana, Love your Hubby's birthday card and tag! Hope he has a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Katexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Chana love the images,and all the distressing and texture-thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chana this is such a beautiful creation with great details. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creations for a guy!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Chana. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh love love these.
    just amazing vintage.

    We are so pleased you came over to enter our challenge. 



    Thanks for visiting and entering this week's challenge.
we hope to see you back next week.
    
Hugs Tammy Ortiz - Owner of Tammy Scrappin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant creation. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I adore this card, Chana! Fantastic masculine card and a wonderful challenge theme. I'll have to find time to get something done for it before the weekend is over.
    Sorry to have been somewhat MIA for the last couple of weeks, but all my traveling seems to have interrupted my visits to all my fav blogs. I'm still trying to get caught up. Forgive me for not commenting on each of your posts individually, but I did browse around and find some wonderful inspiration. :-D Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card!! Thank you for entering into Inky Impressions challenge this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FAB project! Love the vintage feel and all that distressing is great! So glad you joined us for our Dad Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana