Sunday, December 21, 2014

613 AVENUE CREATE - CHALLENGE #103 - USE A SNOWFLAKE

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
Today is the Winter Solstice.  The first day of winter and the shortest day of the year for those of us here in the Northern Hemisphere. This week,  at 613 Avenue Create, our Optional Twist to the Anything Goes Challenge is:  USE A SNOWFLAKE(S) in your design.

For this challenge, I decided to create a tag.  As hard as I tried to avoid the tag looking like a Christmas Gift Tag, my mind kept going in that direction.  Finally, I just conceded....

My diminutive snowflakes are somewhat hidden by my foliage.  
The white of the snowflakes was a little too harsh against the green background. 
I could have toned it down by using a dark distress ink around the edges of the flakes.

I did not, at the time, own a Poinsettia Die.  I have since purchased one, but the small Sizzix Tattered Floral Die works as well.  I used Liquid Pearls to form the stamens.


Challenges Entered:

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty embossing and inking! You created a lovely "bouquet" here...and it looks suitably wintry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have known that was NOT a poinsettia die that you used. Love tag.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag...love the colors and what a gorgeous "Poinsettia", too!! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "Anything Goes" challenge!
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Chana! Love the layers and texture you achieve.
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA! Absolutely GORGEOUS holiday tag Chana! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, beautifully embellished. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tag...can I have it? TFS with us at OCS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wwwwauuu...Chana ;))) I like your design! I'm your new members ;)))
    Hugs - from small country Slowenia (Europa), Jana K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana