Sunday, January 3, 2016

613 Avenue Create - Design A CAS Project

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
This is a very short post!  Over at 613 Avenue Create, we are asking that you design and submit a CAS project.  This can be a card, a tag, 3D, Up cycle, etc.  I suck at CAS, but have decided to try and create at least one CAS project each month.  That should improve my skill level in this genre!

I am beginning to love CAS because I see so many cards with so much stuff stuck on them, but the designs are not cohesive, they do not tell a story.  Clean and Simple design requires a lot of thought because you must communicate your entire message with minimal embellishment.
The Hubster says I should employ CAS when explaining to him why I need every stencil and embossing folder on the planet! 

 I used Tim Holtz's Botanical Rub Ons for the foliage and sentiment.
The papers are from the Teresa Collins Daily Stories Collection
I don't usually design the inside of my projects, but this gave me another opportunity to come up with an effective clean and simple design.  The "Today" sticker is from the Carpe Diem Snap Planner Collection.    One of the goals of CAS design, is that the design should be easy to replicate.  Using stickers and rub ons make creating multiple cards of the same design a breeze.


Thanks for Stopping By!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

11 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Chana! Your CAS design really works. I had to laugh at your reference to your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila! Yeah, my hubby is a real comedian when it comes to my crafting.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful CAS design, Chana. All the best to you for 2016.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! Wishing only the best for you and your family in 2016!
      Hugz,

      Delete
  3. Very nice CAS card - Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ms. Babs! Hope your New Year is off to a fabulous start!
      Hugz,

      Delete
  4. Haha! I bet you explained the difference to your hubby. :) Wonderful CAS card and design. That mint green is awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still working on "The Hubster!"

      Delete
  5. Lovely CAS! Obviously I didn't take the option when I linked up this week, now did I?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to give you a big NO on that one! But your card was awesome! it is one of my favorites in the ATG category!
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete
  6. Love this design Chana, beautiful colours.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana