Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Color Me Monochromatic - Shopping Our Stash #233 - Tag #1


Hello, Crafty Peeples!
Welcome to the First Challenge of 2016 at Shopping Our Stash.  We made it easy for you this week!  NOT!
Create a Monochromatic Design (Use Your Favorite Color)

Black is one of my favorite colors, Pink is not!  But for this week, we had a challenge within a challenge.  The design team voted to make this challenge our final tribute to, Leslie Hanna, our founder and "fearless" leader, who we lost on Christmas day.  Leslie DID NOT like (gah) pink.  She always wrote it that way, (gah) pink.  After this challenge, I am not so crazy about it myself.  Anymahoo,  our challenge was to use pink as our color.  

Two Tags in One.
This tag was created using an idea from a tutorial by Tammy Tutterow,  Tammy used two tags for her project, but I only used one tag and a piece of designer paper. 
Pink is the main color here, but black is a strong color and when used as a neutral, care has to be exercised.  I was hoping the little pink hearts would add the needed balance...don't know!  I do, however like the tag and the design.


Heavy"Faux" Metal
I created this second tag using black as my favorite color and silver as my neutral color.   There is a little brown on my chalkboard, but kraft is a neutral, in my world, anyway


Thanks for stopping by!  My Team Mates  have created some fabulous projects. 
Enter our challenge and then stop by and leave a little love on their blogs!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah


























3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh - nice tag Chana! Love that design - and it is so not (gah)pink - it is RASPberry dahlink! Really like the two pearls on her bag and the torn edge on the front of her dress turned down - fun details!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhh Chana your tags are gorgeous! Fab job using some {{GAH!!}} pink on one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i realllllllly ♥LOVE♥ the (gah!) pink one; and i definitely think it still counts as monochromatic, seeing as how black --which, is, yes, strong-- but still a neutral! plus, the black paper has the shiny pink hearts which i think add balance. in some ways, the black makes the pink pinker, iykwim? this is brilliant in every sense of the word! (but i do also LOVE the all black tag... which is gorgeous!) ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana