Friday, July 27, 2018

Poppystamps Birthday Challenge - Have A Fabulous Birthday

Hello, Crafty Makers!

Once again, I have been inspired by the work of Jennifer McGuire.  She has lots of fun and relatively easy to follow tutorials  The most recent endeavor involved creating a debossed impression of a die and then filling the debossed impression with a positive die cut.  This fun technique is a little like letterpress.
I created my own "lined base" using my scoreboard.  I did not have the dies that Jennifer used in her tutorial but I own over sixty-five Poppystamp/Memory Box Dies and I figured a few of the medallion and circle dies would work with this technique.  Here, I used the  Quinn Flourish Die (green) and the Whimsy Circle (cream layer).  
To color the debossed area, you apply ink to the back of the die 
(I used Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Oxide Distress Ink™ and a petal from the ColorBox® Envy Collection).  Although it does not show in the photo, I applied Modpodge™Sparkle to the debossed area and I applied clear Wink of Stella™ to both die cuts.  In real life, the focal grouping is beautiful.  The sentiment is from the Unity Stamp Company's Itty Bitty Stamps "Fabulous Birthday" by Joslyn Nielson.

The adorable lavender pearl clusters were in my stash.  I love green and lavender together.  I made several cards using this technique and will come back and post them later today! 
Thanks for stopping by!
HUGZ!
Chana Malkah

Here is a link to Jennifer's tutorial.  Reverse Die Impressions
Click here to visit the Poppy Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the design.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those layers and pretty addition of the lavender beads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana