Monday, October 12, 2020

613 Avenue Create October Challenge - Anything Goes w/ Optional Twist: Winged Things

 Hello, Crafty Makers!

This month at 613 Avenue Create, the optional twist to our Anything Goes challenge is Winged Things.  I am so far behind on everything.  This year, all of our Jewish High Holiday celebrations dove-tailed right into our regular Shabbos.  This meant that two eight-day holidays became ten-day celebrations.  So that was twenty days plus Yom Kippur.  I love it, but I am tired!

After such a long hiatus, I just needed to create something quick and easy.  I continue to play around with foiling and for this project, I used the Laser Printer foiling method.

I die cut three butterflies from regular cardstock. I glued them together and put them aside.  Next, I cut one butterfly from my toner-paper.   • Toner Paper PDF —— http://goo.gl/sctlbE  link to the toner-paper file from Jennifer McGuire.  I print several at one time and keep them in a folder for future use.
   I then placed the toner paper butterfly onto a piece of folded parchment paper with the black toner side up.  The foil was placed "pretty" side up on top of the die-cut.  I set my laminator to the 5mm setting to get the maximum heat.  I fed the parchment into the laminator as I normally would and then peeled off the foil.  I repeated this process with my sentiment.
   My splatter background was created using Distress Ink. I played with some colored cardstock for layering but the black gave the dramatic appeal!  As usual, I left the inside of the card blank!
Thanks for dropping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Stuff I Used:
Memory Box - Vivienne Butterfly Craft Die

12 comments:

  1. Wow this card is awesome I love the contrast between the white on the background and the little touches of colour, very very elegant. María, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is gorgeous, love the colors and foil look on the sentiment and butterfly, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Long holiday, but great to celebrate I guess? Love your card Chana, beautiful foiling and colours. A Super design and beautiful too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Actually it is a series of Holy Days: Rosh Hashanah (8 days), Yom Kippur (1 day), Succos (8 days), and for Shemini Atzeret (3 days). They are beautiful because of their biblical significance and the commandments from G-d regarding how we, as Jews, should celebrate them! We are good now until Chanukah, another 8 days! :D)

      Hugz!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous CAS card Chana love the beautiful foiled butterfly and splatter background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chana, this is gorgeous! Those lovely colors pop against the white space, and I love the barely there background! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana