Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Shopping Our Stash #514 - Winter Wonderland

Hello, Creatives!

Welcome to the fortnight challenge at Shopping Our Stash! 

The theme for this challenge is "Winter Wonderland."  
Create a  "Winter Landscape" or Create "An All White Card"

I have been looking for a project that would allow me to use my new fairy house stamps.  My original idea was to create an entire village, but my first attempt at that was a major fail.  I decided to settle on a few houses scattered along a hillside.

Snowy Village
The little house stamps are new.  Everything else is from my stash!
I found a wonderful process video by Heidi_The Yorkshire Crafter on YouTube.  Her environment was exactly what I wanted for my village.  I would have loved to add at least one more house but the scene would have been too crowded.   Next time I think I will try creating an 8" x 8" card!
Once again, I created my own masks/stencils for this project using "Banltre" Milky Mylar Sheets.  The one fun change for me when creating this project was using black cardstock for my base.  It worked better than I imagined. 
Best compliment ever, The Hubster said that he liked my hilly path to the mountain.  I should have made my edges a little darker, but I can live with this.
I plan to continue building scenes until I feel comfortable with my ability to create good perspectives.  I have gotten better and there are tons of videos on YouTube that are super helpful!  On this project, I had another opportunity to combine Pan Pastels with Distress Oxides, Metallic Colored Pencils, and Pastel Pencils.  I am slowly working my way back to using my Gelli Plate.

Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to seeing your Winter Wonderland creation!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

8 comments:

  1. Absoluty gorgeous card, congrats 😊 happy day

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magical winter wonderland...fairies and snowflakes...a winning combination! Way to go shopping your stash...such a magical scene!! Your card is sure to inspired those who decide to play along with our new "Winter Wonderland" challenge over Shopping Our Statsh!! #SOS514

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous scene, love all the elements on it and the different techniques. (I cut and glue) Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Chana, what a delightful and wonderful scene you have produced. I love everything about it, even the sentiment is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana