Monday, January 1, 2024

A PLACE TO START - JANUARY 2024 - CREATE A GATEFOLD CARD / ANYTHING GOES

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Crafty Makers!
~~~~~

Our Team at A Place to Start is starting off the year with a return to a very basic card! The Gatefold! This was the first fold I learned years ago as a novice cardmaker. There are numerous styles of gatefold design these days, so I decided to create a "Pop-Up" Gatefold.  Normally, this type of gatefold card would have a bellyband, but I opted for the medallions close instead!


I couldn't find my pawprint DSP, so I used the paw stamps from the You Make Me Wag My Tail Stamp Set to create my left panel.
 
Cute Dog Stamp Set
I just love this Cute Dog Stamp Set   I stamped the image, trimmed it down, and then cut it in half.  I think it makes the perfect border for my sentiment.  I Like the fun fold on this pop-up card!  The bottom is a built-in stand for the panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Chana Malkah

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, fabulous Gatefold card, those doggies are just adorable, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! Happy New Year to you and all those who are precious to you!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, Chana - love the stamp set you've used.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable card. I love those paws on the background and that sentiment is great. And those little dogs are super cute. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! The sentiment inside made me chuckle. lol. This card would make anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and fun card Chana, the fold show off all the images. Fun and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana