Wednesday, January 17, 2024

WOYWW #763 - Two Projects and A Big Mess!

 Hello, Fellow Creatives!

This week flew past!  The great thing about the WOYWW challenge is that when you get busy, there is always something on your work desk, even if it is just a mess.  Join us and share your creative undertaking!

This is the project I was working on last week, but could not post before the challenge started.  We were to be inspired by a fairy tale.  I chose a Serbian fairy tale.  Click here to see the story summary.
The Prince and The Dragon

The Prince and The Dragon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gift Bag For YaYa

Gift for the Receptionist at my Primary Care Office
She is a planner, so I gave her a weekly planner, some stickers, and fancy paper clips.  I also included medical-themed items: a lanyard, pad, ink pen, reusable straw, and a straw cover.
I love her name and her joyful spirit!
I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to pull this off.  I needed to create white snow on a brown bag.  I figured I would do it with Pan Pastels and then realized I did not have a matte fixative.  So, I decided to use Ranger Picket Fence Distress Ink as my base and I layered the Pan Pastels Titanium White on top of it. 
I think it worked well!

~~~~~~~~~
Magical Woodland

I am creating this project for the challenge over at Lavinia Stamps.  I am not sure it is eligible because some of the stamps are from Card-io!  I will submit it and see what happens.  They will delete it if it is not eligible.  I couldn't find the rules.

I start with an almost clean desk!
I still have to decide on a sentiment and add my central image.  I should be able to finish after I return my my doctor's appointment.  I schedule it for 8:30 am.  Now I am learning that the temperature will be 16 degrees when we leave home!

I think I am going to use Kraft card for this.  Not sure.  I may just layer it onto the white card!

I am excited to make the rounds to see what the other WOYWW players have created.  I always find wonderful Inspiration!

Thanks for dropping by!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

25 comments:

  1. the project turned out so well! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the Lavinia Stamps. You have created very pretty card front. And a cute gift bag. Enjoy a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think YayYa is going to love her present! What a lovely thing to do for her, I’m sure she’ll appreciate all the useful crafty bits and pieces. I also enjoyed seeing the step by step of the challenge piece - I’m not a paper crafter so find the different stages very interesting, thanks for sharing!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan! She was delighted and actually started crying. I wasn't expecting that!

      Delete
  4. Love the Dragon card, I wish my desk looked this organized, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! That's only because you can't see all the stuff that's shoved to the right! :D)

      Delete
  5. What a superb idea for a present! lots of useful things and I love the decoration on the bag.
    Love your pink desk by the way
    have a good week
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely array of crafty goodness! I find Pan Pastels a challenge cause they smudge so, but I usually roll out matte medium on my gel plate and "stamp" that over the PPs to seal them. Works a treat and for my the gel plate is usually handy :) Love your Lavinia sample.
    Happy WOYWW Day!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Anne, I will give that a try!

      Delete
  7. Such wonderful projects! I love that cottage/house stamp. Was that Lavinia? Beautiful scenes. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! The cottage/house stamp is Lavinia Stamp's "Fairy Inn."

      Delete
  8. Hope the doctor's appointment went well. Loving the project, can see you had fun with this. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some fab projects there Chana - I bet that journal and the extra bits and pieces will be really well received. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super gift bag and lovely thoughtful gifts inside too. Love the fairy tale card and magical woodland is dreamy. Hugs BJ#14

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gift bag turned out lovely also love the Dragon hiding in view. Have a great week! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #16

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such lovely craftiness! I love the bag you made - the white on kraft looks fabulous and your gifts are so thoughtful. I love the cards too - I'm a big fan of Lavinia stamps and that sunset is glorious!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #13

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely gift to make…I’m sure it will be loved. It’s good to see how you put things together.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #10

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I bet Yaya will be really touched and delighted, your gift is thoughtful. The bag is great and that was a hit of genius about the white Distress Ink! Both scenes look lovely, and like you, although I haven't seen it against a Kraft card, I love the Lavinia scene against the white, adds to the atmosphere somehow...that moon and your treatment of the colours is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous gift bag Chana, and very thoughtful too. I'm sure, Yaya, loved her gift. As for the temperature, brrr. I thought our 19f this morning was bad. Although it goes up to 51f on Sunday, but wet and windy, I think I would rather the 19f with sun and blue skies. Take care.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super project! Happy WOYWW! Susan #2

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the project, what a delightful idea.
    Sorry I am late but had a fall on Tuesday (indoors not in the snow). Nine hours in A&E ,broken ribs and knee is split wide open. Now struggling to walk with a walker and in pain from both knee and ribs.
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh what a lovely gift, bet she loved it. Cards are looking great, especially the woodland one some amazing colour shading. Running really late this week but thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana