Monday, February 5, 2024

A PLACE TO START - FEBRUARY 2024 - MONOCHRONE

 Hello, Wonderful Creatives!

We have a wonderful theme over at A Place to Start!

MONOCHROME - CHOOSE YOUR PALETTE


Yes, it is time to whip out the old color wheel and decide which family of colors you want to work with.  This is a great way to get out of a color rut or to simply try something new!
I originally wanted to use colors in the Pink Family but that was too much on the nose for February, so I opted for Purple!  I also wanted to do a bit of Bokeh, so I used my self-made circle stencils and cut stencils from my Alterations Movers and Shapers Mini Hearts Die.   My M/S magnetic tray was looking a bit ratty, so I had to order the M/S Shuttle from Amazon.  I was just in time since the tray has been discontinued and now the Shuttle is on the way out.  I probably should have ordered two.  I have quite a few M/S dies and I like them!
I started my background by blending Villainous Potion, Shaded Lilac, and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Inks.  I stamped over this with one of my text stamps using Villainous Potion.  The text is one of those buried layers that doesn't translate well in a photo but shows up as shadows kinda in real life.  I wanted to add some light to my dark background, so I used my Artist Fan Brush to add water droplets.  This allowed me to keep the monochromatic color scheme intact. 

I used the same three distress inks to create my Bokeh effect, but I colored in some of my hearts with Pan Pastels Violet

I wanted to push the background out a bit from the paper, so I used my Ohuhu Fine Tip Marker to make a dark purple line around the edges.

I cut the shadow of my You Are Loved Die twice. Once from adhesive-backed craft foam and once from regular cardstock.  I colored the cardstock die-cut with Shaded Lilac and edged it with the Pan Pastels Violet!

I would LOVE to see your Monochromatic creations in our challenge this month!  You can enter up to 8 times! 


Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Stuff I Used:
Tim Holtz - Mini Hearts Set - Movers and Shapers Die






9 comments:

  1. Hi Chana, that was a great call with the colour palette! I really love your card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was nervous because I only own three purple ink pads! :D)

      Delete
  2. I love how you've played with the different purple tones to create the background and how they highlight the sentiment. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the background! Amazing clean and simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, loving those shades of violet/purple, such a nice switch up from all the red and pink this time of the year, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Chana. Love this background, and glad you went with purple. I always find purple calming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana