Tuesday, November 26, 2013

You Are So Cool!

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
Welcome to another challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  We are the challenge blog that suggests you can have Retail Therapy in your Studio/Craft Room every single day of every week.
Yes, we promote discovery.  Go ahead and admit that your DH is perfectly justified when he says:

"What, more stuff?  I bet you have stuff you have never used, probably don't even know what you have in that room.  Honestly, I wish you would go back to buying shoes!"

I bet you can guess how I came up with that quote!
So, here we are giving you another chance to Shop Your Stash.  Then, you can wear those really cool shoes you bought two weeks ago.  He won't be any the wiser! :D)

Since Thanksgiving is nearly here,  this will be a two week challenge and  pretty simple:  
CREATE A WINTER CARD.  
See, easy peasy. Simply use the scraps from the 10,000 Christmas Cards you've made!

Here's Mine.  Very CAS
I don't do much CAS, but I had fun with this one. 
 I was inspired by a fabulous design of my friend Carla Suto of Carla's Stamping Spot



The Ribbon I used for the bow is almost three years old!  The green paper is left over from a school project I did with my grandson.  All of the white Neenah CS are pieces that were left over from other projects.  For all my Shopping Our Stash projects, I try to use items that are at least six months old.

Happy Turkey Day!  Happy Chanukah!

THE BACK STORY
Image: Unity Stamp - Itty Bitty Stamps - Bernie
Sentiments: Unity, Itty Bitty Stamps: Simple Snowman Joy (Feel The Joy)
 Penguin Coolness (Holiday Wishes)
Card Stock: Neenah Solar White, Linen 80#
Embossing Folders: The Paper Studio - A2 Scalloped Dots 
Couture Creations - 5"x7" Dreamscapes Collection: Swiss Dots
Ribbon: Trim A Home Holiday Ribbon and Offray 1/8" Metallic Wired Ribbon
Misc:  Scor-Tape, 3D Foam Squares, Scotch 3/4" Dblsided Foam Tape
Stickles (Silver and Green) Liquid Pearls

19 comments:

  1. Very cool CAS creation, Chana! Love all the white and the pop of the bright green! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious. Love the white and green and the blow is scrumptious.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute - such a cute image -love it tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never occurred to me to color only parts of an image like that - that is so cool! I'm off to try it!!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to wish you and your Family a "Happy Thanksgiving"

    ReplyDelete
  6. you say, "CAS" i say, "perfectly amazing minimalism!"!!! i cannot do this to save my life, and thus am even more blown away when i see such gorgeousness! wow! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Chana! Love that silver bow! Lovely embossed layers and then that pop of green. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the coolest images. I love the bow and the pop of green really makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so beautiful ... I love the green in there ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is a hoot! Thanks for playing our white on white challenge.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. That big bow is such a star! And I absolutely love the look on the owl's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, he is SO FUN, Chana, and I love the happy shade of green, too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol, love love that fun owl! Beautiful card... Thank you for joining us at CCCB! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card and love the pop of color. Thanks for sharing it with us at PTT...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Beautiful Card!! I love the pop of Green. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD This week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Use it Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your card. the image is so cute!
    THANKS for sharing at Use it Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana