Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Shopping Our Stash - Challenge #228 - Thanks

Hello, Crafty Folks!
This week at Shopping Our Stash, we are looking for THANKS projects!   
Every October and November, I load up on napkins and paper plates with pumpkins and leaves...all the fall themed stuff.   Every year I use a few and then pack the rest away for next year.  So, when I saw the theme for this challenge, I figured I would go through my stash of THANKSGIVING napkins and try to create a tag project.

THE GREAT TAG AND BASKET NAPKIN CLEARING OUT PROJECT!
Here is the napkin I chose to use.  Well, this one is a little wrinkled.
I traced a large tag onto a piece of chipboard, applied mod podge and allowed it to dry.  This was a two ply napkin, so I peeled away the white layer and worked only with the printed layer.  I placed the napkin on the chipboard tag, covered it with a piece of parchment paper and used my small craft iron to adhere the napkin to the tag.  It is important to keep the iron moving.

THIS IS HOW PROJECTS GET OUT OF CONTROL IN MY STUDIO!
Needless to say, I still had a boat load of napkins left, so I started looking around for something else to cover.  My eyes feel on this cute empty basket.
I kinda traced the shape of the interior
Using the same decoupage technique, I applied napkins to both sides.  
Before placing the bottom insert, I draped napkins over the sides of the basket!  
We are all coordinated!
Now, you know all that ribbon wasn't just there to be there!  
I had to sew some little bows on to the sides of my basket!

A TISKIT A TASKIT, WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN MY BASKET?
Why fruit, of course!  BUT I needed PAPER to wrap the fruit .  I grabbed a few stamps
Voila!  Wrapping paper!  I made three different wrapping papers!
 And then I decorated my basket with a bunch of stuff from my stash!
HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  FROM MY HOUSE TO YOURS!
Hugz,
CHANA MALKAH





13 comments:

  1. Your decoupage is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! When you go out of control you really mean it! Love the basket!

    And yeah, why can't we buy napkins in singles? I love some of the IKEA napkins, but I don't need 50 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag, a technique I wanted to try. The basket is just awesome, any hostess would be happy receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. projects get out of control at my house too, lol. not as cool as this, tho... and seldom with the outcome of having a FAB GIFT to bestow afterwards! well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You are so clever and creative. I love that technique. I only have a household iron. Will that work? Your gift basket and tag are super fabulous. What a lovely gift that will be for some lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My jaw is always, ALWAYS sitting in my lap after seeing your amazing creations. This one is no exception. Wow, this is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW! This is the excellent kind of out-of-control! Why it's important to not tidy up tooooo much :) I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chana! The tag and basket are stunning!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana