Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #251 - April Showers Bring May Flowers

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

I hope you will join in the fun this week at Shopping Our Stash!  
This week our Stash Reducing Theme is:

April Showers Bring May Flowers 
Create your project using: umbrellas, rain or flowers. 
Another idea would be a creation for a Baby or Wedding Shower.  

My project is pretty pedestrian.  I am working with some new ColorBox products and I don't have many pastels, so I decided to go with the earth colors of which I am so fond!

GROW WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED!
My flower was created using the ClearSnap Art Screen "Poinsettia."  The background was embossed with the WRMK Next Level EF "Butterfly."
 Rather than fabricating a traditional card, I chose to create a panel card!  I knew I wanted to use the "Grow where you are planted" sentiment but the problem was finding a complementary sentiment for the back panel.

Supplies used:
Stash Items:
The vertical Paintbox has been in my studio since the year 2000, I think!  It definitely qualifies as a stash item! The white card stock is also about 10 years old.  It was left over when we closed our graphics business in 2005.

I used the ColorBox Stylus tool and cotton swabs to color in the stencil.  After the inks dried, I fussy cut the flower and sprayed it with Aleene's Glossy Sealant.  I love the new colors and the fabulous Chalk Paintbox!

Happy Crafting!  Looking forward to seeing your project in our challenge!

HUGZ,
CHANA


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I have some chalk inks and have only made a background with them, this is gorgeous I must try to use mine to colour with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really stepped out of your comfort zone and made something very CAS, but equally as amazing as ever! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.
    I hope you can join us again.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana