Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Altered Eclectics - June Challenge - Always Anything Goes -

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
This is my inaugural post as a member of the Altered Eclectics Design Team!   I love Elaine's work and am honored that she finds my projects worthy of her team.  

This Challenge is for 
Mixed Media projects, Altered Art, Upcycling, Recycling Only!   
Cards and ATC's will be deleted!

ART BUD VASE
My most recent passion is exploring ways of altering soft drink bottles.  Occasionally,  The Hubster will purchase a six pack of Red Rock® Ginger Ale.  I think their little bottles are so cute and that they would make an awesome bud vase.
 I wrapped the jar with cheese cloth and that plastic netting that oranges are packaged in.  I glued it all down with Mod Podge® and allowed it to dry overnight.  I randomly applied acrylic and chalk  paint and molding paste to the bottle.  I let everything dry for about two days and then applied several different colors of metallic wax and buffed.

I have tons of loose flowers and butterflies in my stash.  I coated  plant wire with metallic wax paint and created stems for them.  One butterfly was a plain blue, so I used a finger dauber to apply spots of color.  The Hubster was dispatched to the yard to pick greenery.  I think he did a very nice job! 
The clipping from our Yellow Tip Shrub added just the right touch of organic brightness.
 I don't normally use a lot of bling but this piece seemed to cry out for it!  

I was really fascinated by the "cat" faces that appeared with the placement of the pearls.  The Hubster says the one at the bottom of the jar is an owl, not a cat.   I like the huge black cat face at the top.  Don't worry if you can't see them.  

I thought my bud vase might be a bit too esoteric for The Hubster but he really seems to like it!

I am saving up orange packaging because I think it will look neat on a canvas.

My teammates have created some fabulous projects.  We look forward to seeing your creations!


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!
HUGZ,
CHANA


Challenges Entered
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Always Anything Goes - Mixed Media and Altered Art Only

9 comments:

  1. Love it, just beautiful and great inspiration for my party tables, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with the empty bottle. I have to agree though with your hubby. That is definetly an owl at the bottom. I have a large collection of different shaped bottles that I really must start to do something with. Your inspiration has set the old cogs grinding away! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you, Mrs. A! I have to cave in and go with the owl! My friend is collecting interesting shaped bottled and plans to place them on shelves in her den. The way she describes it, I think it will be quite nice. When you create a project, please share it with me at A Place To Start https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com in our Never Ending Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the gorgeous texture you have created makes it appealing to me for wanting to reach and touch it. Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your altered bottle is stunning...love it...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How eclectic and original, thank you for joining in on the challenge and Rhedds Creative Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Chana and wow, what an awesome bud vase! That orange netting never ever gets thrown away at my house just for this reason lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Chana! I love all the texture and can totally see the 'cat faces'! Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana