Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cardmaker® Magazine and ClearSnap® "All About Chalk" Blog Hop

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
It truly does not get any better than this! 
"All About Chalk" 

I knew my time as a Guest Blogger with ClearSnap® would be exciting but this is an excitement extra!   I love stationery, I love Chalk Inks, I love Africa and Kenya is one of my favorite countries! Just imagine my delight when I learned I would have the opportunity to combine these three passions in a design for this hop!  
KENYA
A CHALK INK TRIBAL STATIONERY SET

  Africa is rich in natural resources and beautiful, engaging people.  I drew inspiration from the rich colors used in tribal clothing, particularly among the Maasai, a pastoral tribe famous for their authentic culture.  They defied modern culture to retain their traditional way of life.
The vibrant colors of the ColorBox® Chalk Ink Pads made it easy to bring the essence of the Maasai Tribe and the country of Kenya to my stationery design. I wanted to create an organic project that would bring my three loves together in an elegant presentation.

Tutorial Supplies 
STEP TUTORIAL

  • Start with an empty Stationery box (or create one.)   Link: DIY A2 BOX

  • Cover the interior and exterior of the lid and tray with either white gesso or a white chalk paint. For my project, I used an off-white chalk paint.  You can make your own chalk paint. Link: DIY Chalk Paint 


Use a ColorBox® Stylus tool to apply the desired ink colors to the box top and tray.

  • Apply your stencil design.  For my "woven" design, I used ink colors: Alabaster, Red Barn, and Guacamole from the PaintBox® "Mercantile." The Alabaster ink is actually an off white, but when stenciled on the black background it looks almost silver.  This was an unintended consequence but I like it.   
  • Depending on the intricacy of your stencils, you will need to use daubers, blenders, and the Stylus tool to apply your inks.
  • Embellish your project as desired.  I cut my letters from heavy weight chipboard and applied a coat of gesso prior to applying my chalk ink.
  • seal the box with two applications of an acrylic spray sealant.
  • Use your stencils to create the desired number of stationery sheets.  I created four of each (notecards, Full Sheets (6"x6"),  Short Sheets (4"x6") in each stencil design.  I used an Antique Laid Paper for the stationery.  The texture communicates the strength and resolve of the Maasai!  The Zebra design was created using the ColorBox® Art Screen - Cobblestone
ENJOY THE HOP!  IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROJECT, CONTACT ME AT:
HUGZ!


Disclosure Statement

EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2009, FTC GUIDELINES REQUIRE BLOGGERS TO DISCLOSE ANY TIME THEY ARE COMPENSATED FOR ENDORSING OR REVIEWING PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.

The Project that is demonstrated below contains components I received for free from ClearSnap® in return for my services as a Guest Designer and for posts on my blog. I affirm that I have not made, nor would I ever make or endorse, misleading statements regarding any product or service used in the operation of this blog.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE USED ON MY BLOG, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT CMALKAH@YAHOO.COM.



26 comments:

  1. I love the stationary box transformation and your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Thanks for being a part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooke! I was so honored to be able to work with two such fabulous companies.
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete
  3. What a cool idea and great set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how these turned out. The layering of the chalk ink and the addition of the box, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chana, your project is just fabulous. What a wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the box, details, and patterns. Thanks for hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who would totally be in love with this set! I may have to use your design as inspiration for a card for her. The set is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great gift this would make! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with the chalks! I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Chana. Very clever AND creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards and box! I pinned them to my Just Plain Cool board. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Such rich, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS stationary set Chana!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your INKY INSPIRATION and tutorial :)
    ... I love using chalk inks and realise that they can be used for so much more, so I have lots of new techniques to try with them now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome--I like how you combined your 3 passions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some odd reason, I am having problems responding to individual comments. I really appreciate your comments, you keep me empowered and encouraged!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fantabuliscious! LOVE the pattern and the appearance of texture that it adds and the colors are magnificent!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects - my sister would love that Kenya box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous19 June, 2016

    Love the design and vibrant colors in your pretty stationery box and the stationary sheets. Thanks for sharing a super idea !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the patterns and beautiful colors! Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!! Love your keepsake box, and the stationary set! Such a terrific idea to make!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous work, Chana!! The Kenyan designs and motifs look wonderful. What a great project!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana