Sunday, November 13, 2011

May You Be Comforted

Unfortunately, in the past week I have had to design two sympathy cards.  Since I only have one stamp collection with sympathetic sentiments, I had to use design paper to enhance each design.  I rarely repeat cards.  The first card was designed for a co-worker who lost his mother-in-law.
Because this card was designed for a male, I tried to use a masculine dp and a simple sentiment.

This card was designed for my daughter to give to her manager.  Because this card is being addressed to both the manager and his wife, and also because of their relative positions in the company, (He is the company President, my daughter is the Corporate Controller and VP of Finance and Accounting) I wanted a card that would be elegant and yet maintain the appropriate professional distance.

DEETS: Card 1- Neenah Solar White Linen CS, Recollections Printed Scrapbook paper; Image: Stampendous "Encouraging Words" collection; Sentiment: Heartfelt Creations' "Classic Message" set;  Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa, Pearls: Want 2 Scrap

Card 2 - Colorplan Bagdad Brown CS, Neenah Classic Crest Baronial Ivory; Martha Stewart  Designer Paper Pad, Recollections' "Fashionably Chic" Paper Pad; Image and Sentiment: Stampendous "Encouraging Words" collection; Momento Rich Cocoa Ink; Pearls: Want 2 Scrap


5 comments:

  1. Sorry you needed sympathyy cards, Chana, but these are both so beautiful! They are sure to be truly appreciated by the recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card as always so well but together thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards aren't the nicest things to make but you've done a wonderful job with these Chana, they're both lovely.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, sorry for their losses.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and fashionable cards. I like its

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana