Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crafter's Cafe Blog Challenge

FIRST KISS


Hello, Crafty Peeples!

Father's Day is closing in on us and over at CCCB we would like for you to create a card, tag, ATC, scrap page or altered object for that special man in your life.  I have been working on a rub-ons resist technique that I learned over at Tim Holtz' blog, so I decided to do this tag to to tie on my husband's father's day gift.  My grandson called it "pretty, but girly".  I think my husband will understand.


Digi Image: "First Kiss" by Limited Runs Stamps
Butterfly by Prima
Rubber Stamp by LaBlanc
I really love the look of this technique using rub-ons.  Notice how my stamped image seems to float beneath the sentiments, even though the rub-on were applied to the tag first, before the distress inks and stamped images.  Cool, huh? 

 I have fallen all the way in love with Ranger's Distress Inks and Paints.  Joann's has them on sale today for $2.99 which is a $2.00 savings and I  purchased all the colors that were available on line.   The colors I ordered will hold me over until the next sale and then I will get the rest.  

Another item you will want to have, particularly if you plan to do Vintage or  really Funky Steam Punk cards and tags, is Rub and Buff Wax Metallic Finishes.  You can find the sampler kits on Amazon and Overstock.com.  They tend to have better prices than art supply stores.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz
Chana Malkah

4 comments:

  1. Your hubby will definitely understand, Chana! Love this tag--the colors are gorgeous, the design is really cool--love the background you created for that darling image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and happy tag, Chana! Love those background colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag, I love the idea of using the resist technique with the rub on. This is brilliant idea and I may have to borrow this idea.

    I am sure your other half will love the tag.

    Crafty Hugs
    Kelly
    Pink-Crafty-Devil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chana I love your tag the colours are wonderful and it does look like it's floating :) hugs Nikki Limited Runs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana