Sunday, July 7, 2013

You Are Matchless - Avenue 613 Challenge - Create Your Own Challenge

Hello, Crafty Peeps!  This week at 613 Avenue Create, we are asking you to create your own challenge.  We had this theme last month and it was a big hit with our "residents" so we decided to do it again.
Image, Sentiment, Patterned Paper, Solid Color Paper Any Sketch,
 Die Cut, Glimmer Mist, Pearls, Ribbon
I used Perfect Pearls Glimmer Mist on the Cover. 
 It does not show in the photo, which is too bad because it elevates the project.
 I was inspired to create this matchbook card by a project that I saw on Tammy Tutterow's Blog.  You can find Tammy's project HERE


I realized (a little too late) that I should have cut my base a little longer to accomodate by bulky embellishments on the internal pages.  I corrected this on my Geisha Matchbook, which will be posted here later today.

This is pretty much a CASE of Tammy's Project.  I liked the idea of using newsprint (Tammy used Tim Holtz Papers) so I used pages from an old book that I keep around to use on my tags and cards.

 Of course, it did not occur to me to photograph the pages BEFORE the matchbook was bound.
All of the sentiments and images are related to "Friendship"

I have ideas  for three more matchbook cards.  These puppies are loads of fun and so easy to make!  Thanks Tammy for the wonderful inspiration and the fabulous tutorial!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our sponsors this week at 613 are:  QKR Stampede and Rick St. Dennis

Thanks, for stopping by!  Hugz, Chana

Challenges entered: 
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Left of Center Creative Challenge - Sentiment or LOC Theme
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet Little booklet you have created. Thanks for participating at LOC and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your project you did a great job tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool design, Chana! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on Tammy's little book! Thanks for playing with us at LOC! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana