Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Your Love

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
This card is really late, it should have posted Monday.  But Life Issues reared their "non creative heads" and demanded my full attention.  Anymahoo, this week over at The Outlawz, The Greetings Challenge is  KRAFT, BURLAP AND BEADS.  My original plan was to create something using one of the stick pins my friend Teresa sent me almost two years ago.  Her pins are so pretty; I can't  use them (crazy, right?)

September 27, 2013

 I think I have found the style of card that will become my "go to" card base.  I don't know why it appeals to me so much, but it does.  I am also happy, again, to be able to create without using an image.

I struggled with the center of my flower.  I needed to pick up the brunt orange from my CS and my Leaves.  I tried pearls, brads and button, none of which gave me the effect I was seeking.  Just as I was about to swap out my flower, for one made from crinoline, I decided to try a big glob of copper glitter glaze.  It was a round ball until my hubby stuck his finger into it!  Men, really?

Isn't this wonderful printed burlap just fabulous!  I only have a yard, so I use it sparingly!

I love it when a project come together on my drafting table just as I put it together in my head.

THE BACK STORY
Plain Card Stock: Bazill (Black and Butterscotch)
Kraft Card Stock:  Recollections
Sentiment Stamp: Unity Stamp Company Itty Bitty Stamp
Printed Card Stock: Graphic 45 Steampunk Spell Collection
Burlap: Printed Burlap Posta - Joann.com
Flower: Prima Marketing, Bellas
Brads: Prima Lady Bird Collection (Dream Brad)
Cream Pearls: Want2Scrap; Leaves: Recollection
Inks: Momenta Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Ink: Gathered Twigs
Misc.: Scor-Tape, Eyelets, Scrapper's Glue, Magnets (for closure)


24 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so creative. Love the flower piece that lifts.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Chana - love everything about it tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is awesome, just all of the details, colors, everything. simply amazing.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! I love the burlap and the kraft, and I'm SO grateful to have you share this in our challenge at The Kraft Journal. I really really really hope that you will continue to play along with us - your art is amazing and I can't wait to see more!
    Blessings,
    Karen, DT Member
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO awesome! I love so many things about it, I don't even know where to begin. It's stunning, and I thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to share it in our challenge this week.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab project - love the textures and colours! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is just so pretty! Love the design, too. Great job. Thank you for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunner ! Love all the texture and the papers . thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so creative! Love that you've used burlap, it always gives this special effect.I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooooo beautiful Chana! I love the burlap and the flower! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, your husband sure has a crafty finger eh! LOL. A fantastic creation Chana. I love the burlap and it amaze me to see the effort you put into your card finishing it off; the inside is incredible as well. Thank you for playing along with us at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Please do drop by my blog Chana to win some giveaway goodies I'm offering to lucky ones. I would also love to have you as my follower if you like. Good Luck :)
    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [Lady Anne's Challenges DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]
    [Qinaahana Giveaway]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Love Love the Burlap! Thanks for playing along with Crafting By Design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such fantastic use of burlap and love the card. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic card and original design! Love the colors and the texture of the burlap, and I think you've combined the front with the inside in a such a special, beautiful way! I really like this card! Spotted it on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the layers and textures, spotted it on MIM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun card! Love all the textures and papers!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at The Kraft Journal for our sketch challenge! We have a new challenge that goes live tomorrow..hope to see you back to play along :)
    Jessica
    TKJ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lots of lovely layers!! Such a pretty design!! :) :)
    Thanks for joining us @ Loves Rubberstamps for the sentiment challenge!!
    :) :) :) ~~Nicole~~

    ReplyDelete
  22. stunning!
    I'm very happy that you take part at the Cards and More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have linked more than 5 challenges and can not take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry. I would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

    Hugs,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is wonderful - so much detail and texture.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. We all really loved this card at The Kraft Outlet !! We will be showcasing it this coming week on our "Feature Me Friday" post. Thank you so much for sharing it with us - we think our readers are going to love seeing it !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana